Now, I don't like to whine

purplesan

Apr 11, 2009
Virginia
but I have spent the weekend obsessing about Monday morning at work. I have a supervisor that is constantly riding me. Well, it depends on who's around, but for the most part. He likes to show off when others are around and I am always the target. Ever since he got his son hired part time, it's worse. Rumor has it, he wants me to quit or get fired so a position will open up for his son. He runs to his boss about me and makes half of the stuff up. It's never about my job or my performance. It's always personal. For instance: the other day we were about to get off and I had parked my van where he apparently wanted to park. He was yelling "that's private parking" all through the yard. Instead of moving the van (which the keys were in the switch) he drug it out with the backhoe. I was blamed for the whole thing! "You should've just parked somewhere else" is what I was told. I took pictures in case the transmission went, I'd have proof as to why. I get the blame for a lot of sh*t whether I'm at work or not. Not sure what to do, although I am having a meeting the manager in the morning. Not sure how to go about it, any suggestions would be nice.

Well things like this can suck because the manager might be loyal to this supervisor and you could be barking up the wrong tree.But just remember don't give them a reason to fire you the longer you hold on and have a job the longer you get back at him.I would say it all depends on what you take on the manager and whet you think you can tell him.From the sound of it,it could go good or bad.Sorry to hear and good luck with it.

Well I know the feeling. I had a supervisor like that before the one I have now. I did like dualstroke said, I toughed it out, just to spite the little bastard. Plus I was on night shift then so I would go outside on really cold nights and keep pouring bottles of water over his car. By morning it was a complete shell of ice, I takes a while but I had 12 hours to kill. Then again there is always this approach (It hurts a bit but would be soooo worth it if it works)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know exactly what u are talking about...im going through sorta the same thing right now...but its been goin on for a while. Lately whats worked for me is when they really really get on my nerves...i compliment them....its weird but they know im not sincere but they cant say anything because the comment is always so nice. I just smile and say ...."ur hair looks nice today" or "I hope you have a great weekend" it makes it harder for them to ride my A$$....kill em with kindness. Follow the book and Document EVERYTHING.

if someone f*cking dragged my car out of a parking spot with a f*cking backhoe, id f*cking drag his balls out from between his legs with it.

maybe this will help

40 THINGS YOU’D LOVE TO SAY OUT LOUD AT WORK:
1. I can see your point, but I still think you’re full of sh*t.
2. I don’t know what your problem is, but I’ll bet it’s hard to pronounce.
3. How about never? Is never good for you?
4. I see you’ve set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.
5. I’m really easy to get along with once you people learn to see it my way.
6. I’ll try being nicer if you’ll try being smarter.
7. I’m out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.
8. I don’t work here. I’m a consultant.
9. It sounds like English, but I can’t understand a damn word you’re saying.
10. Ahhhh .. I see the screw-up fairy has visited us again.
11. I like you. You remind me of myself when I was young and stupid.
12. You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers.
13. I have plenty of talent and vision; I just don’t give a damn.
14. I’m already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.
15. I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you.
16. Thank you. We’re all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.
17. The fact that no one understands you doesn’t mean you’re an artist.
18. Any connections between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
19. What am I? Flypaper for freaks?!
20. I’m not being rude. You’re just insignificant.
21. It’s a thankless job, but I’ve got a lot of Karma to burn off
22. Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
23. And your crybaby whiny-assed opinion would be?
24. Do I look like a people person?
25. This isn’t an office. It’s Hell with fluorescent lighting.
26. I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
27. Sarcasm is just one service we offer.
28. If I throw a stick, will you leave?
29. Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.
30. Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.
31. I’m trying to imagine you with a personality.
32. A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.
33. Can I trade this job for what’s behind door #1?
34. Too many freaks, not enough circuses.
35. Nice perfume. Must you marinate in it?
36. Chaos, panic and disorder…my work here is done.
37. How do I set a laser printer to stun?
38. I thought I wanted a career; turns out I just wanted a salary.
39. Who lit the fuse on your tampon?
40. Oh, I get it…like humor…but different.

I would love to hit the guy but the job is important to me. I should've clarified that it was a company vehicle he was dragging. Still inappropriate. Had it been my personal vehicle, I'd be riding about how I just got outta jail. I am starting to document and am thinking about purchasing one of those pen digital recorders. I've been toughing this sh*t out for 18 months. It used to be once a month, the once a week, but it has been daily for the last 4 months.

Thanks for the replies.

first what is it that you do?

dragging your car with a backhoe can be destruction of property. if it's not posted then
it was malicious. these are things that you can use to your somewhat advantage.

i agree with the kill them with kindness but also an call to the labor board to get some more info wouldnt be bad idea.

sometimes there is nothing you can do about people like this accept every time they talk to you just enjoy thought of watching them die or just plain beating the sh*t out of
them. always worked for me.

i was a service writer for many years and all people want to do is yell, and i always had a smile on my face for this reason. it works, i'm not saying act on them but some people do the whole see them in a funny situation i found that not to be my style.

but above all else a job is good to keep maybe even start putting your app out there alot of times good employee or not if his manager likes him then your sh*t out of luck.

Last edited:
easy way to fix it is carry a recorder around in ur pocket, everytime he comes to you record what he says, turn it into the manager and let him see what is happening, if they try to fire you, you got ammunition, that will change things real quick, or go to the labor board and talk to them about employee harrassment if you want to take it that far, right now is not the time to be quitting a job, be lucky you have one, i am telling you now eat humble pie and suck it up, you won't regret it, don't let ur man pride get the best of you, the economy is sh*t, just document everything, that way when it comes time to fire you if they try then you have ammo

didn't go as bad as I thought. didn't go very well, problem wasn't resolved. Very happy to still have this job which is why I am trying to protect it. So far, it is supposed to be over but it will happen again because my boss has no idea how to manage his employees, things that he should not say to his employees, and it is all leading to harrassment.

Goog that you still have your job.

Start writing it all down. Hard to argue with time and dates of incidents.
Not the route anyone wants to go but atleast you have it as backup

does this job pay well? are you in a city or country setting?

if it was me and i was paid well and it was a city setting i'd do his ass dirty and pay a crackhead to catch him leaving some day.... he wouldnt know you did it so it woudlnt change the way he treats you BUT it would be a great thing to remember and picture in your head the next time he's being a prick...

its amazing what a crackhead in a bad way will do for $50 sad but true...

does this job pay well? Are you in a city or country setting?

If it was me and i was paid well and it was a city setting i'd do his ass dirty and pay a crackhead to catch him leaving some day.... He wouldnt know you did it so it woudlnt change the way he treats you but it would be a great thing to remember and picture in your head the next time he's being a prick...

Its amazing what a crackhead in a bad way will do for $50 sad but true...

cheaper to just buy them a nice 20 rock and show it to him.