No more ltz for me.

Not all of them you just have to make sure they are tightened which the stock ones suck, so i bought me some hose clamps, and yes they are known for one way starter gears going. Trust me bro, it will save in the long run. Save yourself a good $150 and throw in a L&A Oneway starter gear.

Even when they are tight the stock ones when it back fires will blow the carbs off.

I have changed more carb boots, starter spirags, and trannies in Raptors than you have even rode or seen.

Even when they are tight the stock ones when it back fires will blow the carbs off.

I have changed more carb boots, starter spirags, and trannies in Raptors than you have even rode or seen.

O man, well excuse me, chill out.
Your cool. Well ive hit the gas on my raptor more than you have dragged your blaster. Exactly, no one cares.

Look dude. What I was trying to tell you is the known problems with them. I was a service tech and service manager for 5 yrs at a yamaha dealership. I'm not trying to be a dick but I have been turning wrenches for as many years as you have been alive. Listen to people occasionally and you will learn a thing or two. I'm out.

Look dude. What I was trying to tell you is the known problems with them. I was a service tech and service manager for 5 yrs at a yamaha dealership. I'm not trying to be a dick but I have been turning wrenches for as many years as you have been alive. Listen to people occasionally and you will learn a thing or two. I'm out.

Im not being a dick either, im just stating something, and thats cool. No disrespect.

yeah man you can get raptors for dirt cheap because of the economy, i wish i would have waited a bit to get mine, like said before stay away from the 01's, i haven't had a problem with mine but it's always in the back of my mind when I'm ridding. just in case some one tries to sell you an 01 as a latter model, the 01's have a remote rezzi on the rear shock and a squear sub frame, latter models have have a piggyback shock and a tubular sub frame.

yeah man you can get raptors for dirt cheap because of the economy, i wish i would have waited a bit to get mine, like said before stay away from the 01's, i haven't had a problem with mine but it's always in the back of my mind when I'm ridding. just in case some one tries to sell you an 01 as a latter model, the 01's have a remote rezzi on the rear shock and a squear sub frame, latter models have have a piggyback shock and a tubular sub frame.

Thanks ill look out for that

dont get a rapturd....there too much hype about them....get a 450....or a shee its your choice...you have the power LOL shee all the way, you dont know what your missing

i like how u have only had 1 quad and its ur banshee and u have had NOTHING to cmpare it tooo soo stfu

we have an 05 660, my 09 700, and the 06 banshee i built, the banshee is 10X funner than the 660 to tool around on, the 660 is a tippy topheavy shaky quad not really my cup of tea, id get a 700 or a banshee the 700 is srsly not that much more. plus you get EFI with the 700 which is amazing

IMO going from a z400 to a raptor 660 would be a downgrade. It an issue os dirt wheels they did a comparison between a Raptor 700 and a Z400 and there was only a 7hp differance in the 2 but for the price differance you could make up for that 7hp with bolt ons like exhaust or intakes. Everyone knows a 700 is 10 times better then a 660 so I see no logic in going from a Z400 to a Raptor 660. I think some ppl have an obssion with big displacement. I personal would not get a Shee unless you like to drag race. If I were to go with another 2 stroke it would be a 250r. I know you want to get another quad quick but if you want something you are going to be happy with I would wait for a 700 and just rule out a 660. My TRX450 has a stock motor and it will run all over a 660 in every type of race you want to put it in. I've dragged them and on the trails and there just isn't any keeping up for the 660.

Reactions: 01 fmf blaster
keep in mind that that test was done with an 09 ltz, I'm guessing that one is a little bit different than fmf's.