**NEWBIE ALERT** Need some help please

Scott183

Oct 12, 2016
Hey guys/ gals. Just picked up a 96 Blaster for general tooling around (no racing), doing a top end on it now. As I was looking the machine over, the first thing I found is that there is a black rubber plug in the upper front corner of the crankcase cover. Mine is ripped and I haven't been able to find this in a parts diagram. What is this, and is it available to purchase? Thanks in advance

you talking about the round rubber plug on the front kicker side that blocks off a round nipple ?

if so, that was for the DT200 water cooled engine that used these same cases, it was for the water pump hose to the radiator, it is blocked off down inside on our cases, stick a screwdriver down in about 2 inches to confirm that.
I actually cut mine off shorter and reinstalled the rubber plug to allow better access to that side front cylinder nut.

you may find a used one somewhere, here or ebay, but doubt new ?
shoot some black RTV silicon in if it bothers you, but not having it won't hurt anything.

ps. is that your Rottie in your avatar ?

Reactions: Scott183
you talking about the round rubber plug on the front kicker side that blocks off a round nipple ?

if so, that was for the DT200 water cooled engine that used these same cases, it was for the water pump hose to the radiator, it is blocked off down inside on our cases, stick a screwdriver down in about 2 inches to confirm that.
I actually cut mine off shorter and reinstalled the rubber plug to allow better access to that side front cylinder nut.

you may find a used one somewhere, here or ebay, but doubt new ?
shoot some black RTV silicon in if it bothers you, but not having it won't hurt anything.

ps. is that your Rottie in your avatar ?

I believe we're talking about the same one. I'll check it with the screw driver like you said. I actually have to pull the cover off to repair the kick start not returning,so I'll be able to see it from the inside.

Yes, that's my 18 month old pup Lucius.

Yes, that's my 18 month old pup Lucius.

Nice ! he looks like a bruiser for his age, the blacker face tells me there's alot of german in his backround ?
I've had 5 over the years, can't wait to get into a bigger place to get another

Cut mine off.
DSCN3663_zpsfzzi1ez5.jpg

Reactions: Awk08 and Scott183
Nice ! he looks like a bruiser for his age, the blacker face tells me there's alot of german in his backround ?
I've had 5 over the years, can't wait to get into a bigger place to get another
He's actually Serbian, but his bloodlines are strong European. He is now my 3rd. Only breed for me. Ty

Reactions: Awk08