new to blaster fourm and blasters need insight

glavinlh

Oct 9, 2010
yeah i just purchased a new used 1993 blaster. from what i can see its a .50 big bore have receipt from manufact, also a fmf fatty, i have a fmf silencer but it doesnt seem right to me so i put on the stock. cause there nothing in the muffler, i can look into the fmf muffler and there nothing inside. so figured i would post about that and get insight, it has some other mods like a yfz450 carb with jetting and was told it has a v force reeds but not sure, and it has what the owner called a power pack that gives a little bit more air on first throttle its the thing that has the nos sticker on it it has a tub from it strait to the reeds after the carb, i wanna do a ton to this quad and need some direction, i wanna try to race it as a 200-250 class around my area herd they race 2 strokes and 4 strokes together on a small mx xcircut. i am almost looking for rear brake assembly cause mine didnt come with it cause it was broken, cant complain i got the quad for 600 bucks with a trailer and a stock motor and a ton of extra parts. so i think i got a steal it kick over half way though the first kick, also whats the recommendation on oil i sould use for mixing and what ratio i hit 32:1 atm, i am new to blasters getting back into quading use to race a four stroke but i love 2 strokes cause the power,
but if anyone has a rear brake system caliper and lines i can pay pal for them i hate not having rear brakes and front one scared to flip

a buddy of mine has a fmf fatty thats modded for a dual exaust system using a banshee fmf silencer was wondering if this could be a good idea it sounds sick as hell.

heres pictures of mine... yeah its crappy looking but getting raptor or yfz plastics for it shortly.

all insight and opinions are highly recommended idc if ur flame me or talk crap about cause it more motovation for me to improve my quad. and what i hear BLASTERS will break my pockets lol but idc lets get modding i have all winter to spend money on my quad.

blasster3.jpg

blasster2.jpg

blasster1.jpg

pictures are painted plastics and frame

this video was with the day i got it

Last edited:
welcome aboard man, ok lets talk about your list lol. first off a 2 stroke pipe is supposed to be open so put that FMF back on there, its waaay better than stock. i liove maxima super m for my premix @ 32-1. ok this one is very important so listen up.. when you lbow a blaster up you get it bored out just far enough to clean up the damage, we are talking thousandths of a inch here so when your blaster got bore .050 over it might have raised your displacement from thetock 195cc to a 199cc MABEY. boring your cylinder does not give you a big bore and does not add power. im not trying to be mean but we have a constant problem with guys fighting us about thier supposed "big bore" blasters. we have a emember here "AWK08" who sells a very popular rear caliper mod that uses a GSXR rear caliper, you should look into that, hydro brakes will actually help you stop unliek the cable ones lol. the possibilities are endless man, just take a look at everyone elses mods listed in thier sigs for ideas as to what you can do. when you are ready you can send it out for some porting to really wake that beast up, we have 3 or 4 very talented builders here that can take good care of you.

thanks yeah. wasnt sure on the boring and such thanks for the info. i am getting a 1996 blaster that doesnt run today for parts so i can fix mine up and such and slowly work on a blaster project. getting it for like 200 bucks figure good build so alot of ideas would be helpful in the new project as well as fixing mine up to perform like an allstar. its nice to have people who reply wiht some helpful feed back i am in the learning pool i have looked up a ton of things and really see this being fun. and thanks for the fmf help the only problem with that vs the stock is the noise. living in a ton where trails go thought gets people to call the police on you lol. someone told me to put some muffler fill in the fmf to quiet down and another person said to me that it isnt suppose to be empty on the inside cause u need compression or the motor will seize right up. idk still learning

thanks yeah. wasnt sure on the boring and such thanks for the info. i am getting a 1996 blaster that doesnt run today for parts so i can fix mine up and such and slowly work on a blaster project. getting it for like 200 bucks figure good build so alot of ideas would be helpful in the new project as well as fixing mine up to perform like an allstar. its nice to have people who reply wiht some helpful feed back i am in the learning pool i have looked up a ton of things and really see this being fun. and thanks for the fmf help the only problem with that vs the stock is the noise. living in a ton where trails go thought gets people to call the police on you lol. someone told me to put some muffler fill in the fmf to quiet down and another person said to me that it isnt suppose to be empty on the inside cause u need compression or the motor will seize right up. idk still learning

my advise to you is to stop talking to those people about your blaster and get all your info here hahaha I:I I:I its great man, i bought mine as a $50 frame with wheels and went from there. take lots of pics as you work on it, its great to be able to look back and wee how far you have brought her lol

i have tons of pictures alrdy was out riding for a minute. cant wait to get her all done up

Welcome, i like your bumper!!! If your looking for a rear brake system, talk to "AWK08", he makes a awesome rear brake kit. The thing you call a "power pack", we call it a Boost bottle.... Raptor or yfz plastics will look awesome on a blaster, I have banshee rear fenders on my blaster...

yeah its been jetted and tunes for the fmf fatty. i gotta rebend the bumper lol smacked into a tree use to rear brakes and well uk the rest splat lol.

one question. thinking about i wanna make sure that i have my carb jetting correctly. he said it was jetted but i wanna double check how would i go about doing that on my quad, i have the FMF gold Series pipe and a FMF silencer. need some insight on this. i dont need my quad blowing up on me lol. i wanna keep it for a long time. atleast till my trucks paid for lol so i can get my dream quad KTM 525