New Crank Install

May 20, 2008
Utah
I'm seriously debating the +3 crank install, can anyone give a little heads up on what I need to buy and what I need to make sure I have for the install? I searched the forums and couldn't find anything. Thanks guys

yup, its all in the kit. You might need to hand file a little around the opening in the case to make sure it rotates freely, but thats really easy. The biggest thing you are going to need is a port job to match the ports to the stroker crank. Otherwise you wont get nearly the power you should.

If you install a stroker crank +3mm, or a +4mm crank, and you use the hardware that is supplied. Like the spacer plate and two gaskets, you will loose power from the bottom to the peak. Using a 60mm crank( +3 ) the total transfer port timing is 138, and the engine will lay down. I would suggest that you think about other mods before a crank, unless you would like to spend the money to have someone set up the engine for the 3mm/4mm
If the builder you choose set ups the engine with a spacer plate, the trans timing will be way off.

Well I've been wanting to get it ported as well, so I figured I'd go with the crank, and then have it ported to match if that sounds good? Cause wildcard is about an hour and a half away from my house, and right on the way to the dunes, so I figured that might be the way to go. What do you guys think?