nerf bars point up in the rear

reagor

May 23, 2012
nj
www.google.com
my blaster had 20" rear tires when i bought it and now i have 22"

my nerf bars point up in the rear is this normal

i see pics of youze guys blasters and they always look level

they bolt to the back of the footpeg and the front motor mount so it doesnt appear like there is any adjustability (i do have DIMWIT ability ;) )

maybe i just need bigger front tires? something to take the rake out of the bike?

maybe a nice drop bracket for the rear peg?

what if anything have yall done for this issue if anything?

Well bigger tires= Higher back end.

If the Nerfs are actually pointed like that, it might just be how they're made.

ya i get that part, through looking @ pictures of diff bar setups i think they are dg (stickers long worn off)

also i think the blater came with 18" rear wheels and i got 22 now so its 2" taller there

dont alot of you run 22" rears do your nerfs slant up? did you compensate by doing taller fronts?

i have a 400ex rear shock on the way too
and i think that will give it a lil lift as well

eventually im gonna be in a perm endo

if i do the yfz450 fronts with a widening kit will that give a minor lift to the front cause of the longer shocks or is lost in the conversion kit?

Seems like they should trace the frame, is your frame jacked up in the rear? Don't look at the swing arm, just the bottom frame rails near the engine. Once you put yourself in the saddle, do they level off?

ya i get that part, through looking @ pictures of diff bar setups i think they are dg (stickers long worn off)

also i think the blater came with 18" rear wheels and i got 22 now so its 2" taller there

dont alot of you run 22" rears do your nerfs slant up? did you compensate by doing taller fronts?

i have a 400ex rear shock on the way too
and i think that will give it a lil lift as well

eventually im gonna be in a perm endo

if i do the yfz450 fronts with a widening kit will that give a minor lift to the front cause of the longer shocks or is lost in the conversion kit?

You could go down a size to 20? Or go up a size in the front. Should level it out better.

Seems like they should trace the frame, is your frame jacked up in the rear? Don't look at the swing arm, just the bottom frame rails near the engine. Once you put yourself in the saddle, do they level off?

i have my rear preload backed off (helped alot as i bought it from a bigger rider) and still the bike barely sags when i step on it i weigh 145lbs and the rear moves maybe 1/2" fronts are @ 1 (0 being the lowest setting)

should i crank my front preload? it feels very pogolike in the trails

i also have the front rims flipped

well the nerfs are typically made like that. just depends on your tire size, preload, etc..

i have nerfs on all 3 of my quads and they each go up toward the rear or point up if you will.

well the nerfs are typically made like that. just depends on your tire size, preload, etc..

i have nerfs on all 3 of my quads and they each go up toward the rear or point up if you will.

second stupid question your not supposed to put your feet on them for riding are you? they look like they're an extended footpeg with a heel cutout on the outside edge

this seemed stupid to me because you cant reach the controls but a wider stance and weight distro makes sence from physics standpoint

second stupid question your not supposed to put your feet on them for riding are you? they look like they're an extended footpeg with a heel cutout on the outside edge

this seemed stupid to me because you cant reach the controls but a wider stance and weight distro makes sence from physics standpoint

an extra rider could rest their feet on them, but no the main operator shouldn't use them. they are what they say they are, nerfs. keeps your ass from getting tangled up in sh*t or other quads while racing.