need some help about the clear thingy on the oil tank

well when i toke it to janssen a long time ago they said to have premix 40.1, i have not had a problem with my blaster at all i use yamalube 2-r (two stroke racing oil)

and i'm mad at myself becuz its been a long time since i even put transmision oil in, what kind of transmision oil am i supposed to put in.

crap, can u get that stuf at fleet farm? because my mom is only going to be close to there. if i can't what is the best trans oil i can get from fleet farm?

crap, can u get that stuf at fleet farm? because my mom is only going to be close to there. if i can't what is the best trans oil i can get from fleet farm?

Fleet Farm? sorry I dont know what that is, I looked it up on the web but I dont think they would carry it. You really should use motorcycle specific stores/wharehouses, unless your local stores carry motorcycle specific oils.

i got some finnaly, they had to order it. i have one more question how much of that trans oil do i put in or do i just pour it until i see some in the trans window?

how do i measure the amount i put in, sry first time putting some trans in becuz i had it fixed a some months ago and he put tranny oil in.

the side of the bottle tells you how mich is inside. It has a ruler like scale on it with a clear window that runs up the side of the transoil bottle.

last night i just decided that i would pour soem in to see if it would show up in the window, it looked like the window had mud build up on it inside so i decide to drain the old crap out, and it came out pitch black and brownish.
i wasted a good amount, i put the screw back into the bottom the amount left in the motul bottle was 700, i poured it down to 300 and a little lower, does it make a differrence if i put a little less or more than i was supposed too?

bump, i need to know if it makes a differrence if i added a little less or more thta the amount it says?

then i'm f*cked................................ i put some oil in it went down to 800 or 700 can't remeber, then i drianed all of the trnsoil out since the window looked muddy, then i refilled it until the bottle barker was below 300 a little.

should i just pour the rest in and hope thta it will be enough to prevent screwing my transmission?

should i just pour the rest in and hope thta it will be enough to prevent screwing my transmission?

No, the proper way to fill the blaster's tranny with oil is as follows (or any motorcycle/atv for that matter)

1. Fill it up until its in the middle of the sight window, while the atv is cold.

2. Start it up and let it warm up.

3. Let it sit too cool down.

4. If needed fill it again until the oil is in the middle of the sight window.

5. Repeat steps 2-3 and recheck oil level

6. Repeat steps 4-5 if needed.

all the while keeping track on how much you put in, you want to have the amount in there that the manual says.

awwww (bleep) self filtered i'm sure i had the amount at 700 then i freaking emptied it becuz i'm a moron, how bad would the leak be? i would rather have a leak than a damn broken transmission.

a leak is not too bad Unless you have overfilled the oil by a huge amount you could possibly start blowing seals (highly unlikly you put that much oil in, it sounds like you have done fine),

If you have a leak and can find it, its usually around your clutch cover. Then you just have to drain the oil, take the clutch cover off and put on a new gasket. Refill your oil.

the plastic gear inside the crankcase can crack, not pumping oil into the engine, thus blowing your engine up while you are riding and dont know it until it's too late.