need some help about the clear thingy on the oil tank

dirtyblaster

Mar 26, 2007
my blaster has a oil block off kit, :oops: its kinda embarassing that i need help from other people bout this, but i don't know much about some parts in a atv. ok i here goes when i was applying new silcone i noticed that near the oil tank there was a clear circle thing by the side of it, should i see any fluids in it if i have a block off?

You should have taken the entire oil tank off and anything that goes with it. Your blaster doesnt need that tank so get rid of it.

If you have an oil block off kit you dont need the oil tank. Any oil in it wont be used. Toss the tank.

Are you talking about the oil level window to the left of the oil pump? If so, thats to check your oil, lol

why do u even need an oil block-off kit, iv never had a problem with mine

maxitout77 said:
Are you talking about the oil level window to the left of the oil pump? If so, thats to check your oil, lol

This is your transmission site level window. Keep the oil between the lines marked on the case. This lubricates the clutch and transmission gears. Its separate from the crank and piston.

screw the oil block off kit. just pop the case and remove the gear/

its already blocked off and the pump was gone when i bought it, i was only confused about the damn window. there never was an oil tank on this blaster when i bought it.

YES> you need oil in that little window (thats your tranny oil).

The oil block off kit is for your oil injection system (which injects oil into your carb to mix with gass to be burned) now with a block off kit you will need to mix gas and oil together, I hope your doing this.

What everyone else is talking about is the actula oil injection tank under your left rear (while sitting on the quad) fender. That you dont need.

You are refeering to the transmission oil window.

oil block off

What should the fuel ration be mixed at.I am in canada

one more question, is the oil that i mix with the gasoline used to lube the gears? or am i supposed to put transmision oil into the side of the engine?
i'm just a liuttle bit confused

one more question, is the oil that i mix with the gasoline used to lube the gears? or am i supposed to put transmision oil into the side of the engine?
i'm just a liuttle bit confused

No, the oil you use to mix with gas is specific 2 stroke oil. Like yamaLube 2 or Motul T2 and or other 2 stroke oil. You also need the right ratio to mix for example 32:1 is a gas/oil mixture (32 parts of gas to 1 part oil). but you will need to find your ratio depending on how many/what kind of mods you have.

And YES you need to put transmision oil in the side of the engine case.

This means two different types of oil.

hey dirtyblaster, I noticed you have a lot of similar mods to what I have. I run 110 octane with Motul T2 at a 32:1 ratio. runs great.

you might want to call trenga and tell them your mods and ask the right ratio to use. I say that only b/c you havea long rod/ stroker crank according to your mod list.