My new 4x4

mmajay

800 V Twin
Aug 6, 2010
Busco Beach NC/ Goldsboro
Bought this 600 polaris a few days ago and so far i am happy with it although there are some minor problems with it. I need to spend some time at busco to really feel it out. I never owned a polaris but damn if it dont ride smooth as hell with impressive power for the size.
goodfrontpolaris.jpg
[/IMG]
goodsheepolaris.jpg

Same exact model my grandpa has, works pretty good! He has a nice winch for it, pulls out of any mud pit.

well, i ain't even gonna comment on that Polaris, LOL!, but that Banshee looks so damn good with those Raptor tires. What size are them rears on it? 19's or 20's?

well, i ain't even gonna comment on that Polaris, LOL!, but that Banshee looks so damn good with those Raptor tires. What size are them rears on it? 19's or 20's?

There 20 inch radials that come stock on the new raptor 700 R and they hook like a sob. No more spinning and loseing but its now wheelie time in powerband. The reason i bought raptor tires is because of getting beat off line by a 700R and i have twice the power of a new 700R but i just could not hook with bias tires. Dont get me wrong these tires also have there limits too before i over power them and spin but its not as bad now.

well, i'm sure it's a task for any set of tires with that much power. looks damn good though.

Still has the original belt from 04 but it only has 900 miles. The more i drive this automatic utility the more i want a bigger one now. I smell 1000 cc in my future. I:I

can am renegade!!!!! and my uncle has a king quad 700, fits 28 mudlights fine so you should be able to clear 27 to 28s, kingquads have a little wider stance and taller stance than the sportsmans, but nice machine, i always liked the yellow and blue ones

Anything more than about a 500cc liquid cooled utility with independent front and rear suspension and locking front differential is just a waste of gasoline. I can throw 29.5" outlaws on a grizzly 550 single and go just about anywhere I can point the front tires. Stock (or lifted and tired) utilities aren't safe at ridiculously high speeds anyway so the difference in acceleration between say 0-55 mph is negligible by jumping another 500cc's....

Anything more than about a 500cc liquid cooled utility with independent front and rear suspension and locking front differential is just a waste of gasoline. I can throw 29.5" outlaws on a grizzly 550 single and go just about anywhere I can point the front tires. Stock (or lifted and tired) utilities aren't safe at ridiculously high speeds anyway so the difference in acceleration between say 0-55 mph is negligible by jumping another 500cc's....

Sometimes its not where you can go but its how fast you can get there as well as have 4x4 capability.

I got no where I need to go any faster than a ~500cc utility quad can go anyway....

If you lined the new grizzly 550 and the outlander 1000 up on a dragstrip the outlander might take the grizz by a quad length or two. For nearly twice the cost, that's not a significant improvement.