My intro and Blaster

95'er

Dec 1, 2008
Well, I saw this site and looked it over one day...and other than having a Raptor on the main logo, I was ok with it! (j/k) I thought this site was perfect for me, because I have a Blaster. (duuuuhhh!!) However, mine is in pieces at the moment. It's in what I like to call a "refresh" One day I started pulling it all apart in an effort to re-paint the 4 colored frame and make it new again. I got the Blaster as a gift from my super-cool dad. (he let me take it apart with no concerns) And he helped me here and there, but Iv'e done a good deal of the work. (Dissasembly, sanding, paint, etc.) I should be getting a set of used stock shocks and a carburetor (mine is stripped where the cap screws on and locks the throttle in place) for X-mas. I also went and picked out a new GMax 46x (future design) helmet in XL...I gotta a big head. I go to my dad's every other weekend, so i should be finished at x-mas...but this is what i have so far.Let me start by saying, I have always desired passionately for a project...so, this winter I found one.

The project I found was right under my nose, my 1995 Yamaha Blaster I had gotten for a birthday gift one year. It was in good running condition, but was rather ugly, to put it bluntly. I have a picture of when I first got the ATV, but it is from a Polaroid 600. (Very bad quality) I may upload a picture of the picture later. Then, for Christmas, I got a new set of fenders...mostly, the rears got back ordered. I later got the rears, as well as a new seat. The frame, suspension, and other aspects were, however, still rough. My dad said that he would probably get me a new set of front shock absorbers, (used; stock) for Christmas this year. One day I looked at the ATV and contemplated tearing it down and refreshing it, painting the frame, painting the engine, installing the shocks, (when I get them) and etc. One weekend at my dad's I did it. I started removing the bodywork and eventually got it down to a roller before I left for home. This past weekend, I got some paint on a lot of the bike. I figure I'll be done by Christmas, right when I (hopefully) get my parts. The color scheme is silver frame with black a-arms/frames and swing arm. I will followup the build with each subsequent addition to the progress. And these are the pictures thus far: (Note: I have done a lot of the work myself)
Before:
105_1819.jpg

With new front fenders:
IMG_0003-1.jpg

IMG_0004-1.jpg

IMG_0005-1.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

As it was with new rear fenders/seat/tires:
102_5780.jpg

Now:
104_5864.jpg

104_5865.jpg

104_5866.jpg

The above words might sound weird, because i pasted them from another sote i had it posted on...o yeah, i'm 14, live in kentucky, and love to ride 2-strokes...yamaha forever, blaster for life...(or until i can get my hands on a banshee!) O yah, someone plz post so i can upload the rest of my pics.

welcome to the forum, if you ever get stuck theres lots of good people on here to help out
and i guess i never noticed before ,but wtf is up with the raptor in the logo i feel cheated!!!

Might i say your's looks quite nice as well....thank you for the warm welcome, and so i can post more pics.

104_5867.jpg

104_5868.jpg

104_5869.jpg

104_5870.jpg

104_5872.jpg

104_5873.jpg

104_5876.jpg

104_5886.jpg

104_5880.jpg

welcome to the forum bud, sounds and looks like u got ur self a sweet little project going, let me be the first to tell u get some banshee front shocks, cheap and bolt right up,alot better than the crappy stock ones, oh yea holy hell that was one epic introduction lol jk man, welcome

kewl...i think i am ur guys newest and 5000 member..i hope i am a good one!

Thanks man. We hope you stay around. Might I suggest getting a new front bumper? It looks nice freshly painted but that huge dent ruins it. You can find them cheap on ebay, or you can get an aftermarket one.

nice rebuild so far dude,good job on the painting and love the new palstics and seat,soo far soo good,stay around and enjoy the site

Yeah, I did not put those dents in there...The worst Iv'e done to my Blaster thus far is probably tear off that overhang on the left...you'll notice a weld there...(clean isn't it!? my dad's lol) I might have to get a new one someday. Thanks for the info on banshee shocks. Blasters are practically half a banshee, so a lot of the parts are compatible i suppose. (Probably cheaper for Yamaha!) like carbs, shocks, etc.

yup most parts for the blaster is cheap like all the stock stuff is but when you get into upgrading it gets kinda expensive cause you dont want to stop making it faster but blasters aftermarket parts are cheaper than the 4 strokes and most other quads

i plan to, i hope i am an asset to the community, as well as a valued member.

cant see the first 2 pics you posted but the others look good so far! yea i suggest getting the stock banshee shocks too! i spend like 40 on stock blaster and after i got em i was like... MAN i shoulda gotten the banshee ones for $5 more. im regretting it. upgrading the blaster is like an addiction.. once you start you dont want to stop :-D