My Goal...

sweet deals! yea i wasent too worried about length, but dident want ot be trapped with width. last time i couldent lengthen or widen my blaster cause it wouldent fin in to our car, so i was stuck on that end.

I've owned a couple S-10s and a couple rangers. Imo the 2.5 Chevy and 2.3 Ford are the best engines to get for a young guy, they have adequate power and good fuel economy (more money saved for a quad). The Chevy 4.3 is a great motor but expect ~17 mpg while the Chevy 2.2, 2.8 and Ford 3.0 are underwhelming. The Ford 4.0 is decent but not as good as a 4.3 and has the same kind of fuel economy. If you can get away with 2wd you will be able to afford a nicer truck for 3k with better insurance rates and mpg.

I've owned a couple S-10s and a couple rangers. Imo the 2.5 Chevy and 2.3 Ford are the best engines to get for a young guy, they have adequate power and good fuel economy (more money saved for a quad). The Chevy 4.3 is a great motor but expect ~17 mpg while the Chevy 2.2, 2.8 and Ford 3.0 are underwhelming. The Ford 4.0 is decent but not as good as a 4.3 and has the same kind of fuel economy. If you can get away with 2wd you will be able to afford a nicer truck for 3k with better insurance rates and mpg.

unfortunally where I live, I need 4wd. it snows hard here. basically I cab buy both a truck and a 450r rite now.... I have enough kinda. I have about 2k in my bank for quad and 3k for truck lol

what years for the s10 and ranger?

unfortunally where I live, I need 4wd. it snows hard here. basically I cab buy both a truck and a 450r rite now.... I have enough kinda. I have about 2k in my bank for quad and 3k for truck lol

haha.... u dont need 4wd.... i dont have it and manage just fine, u just gotta learn to drive in the snow. i do carry a set of chains with me just in case i really need them tho.

1995 is what we have for rangers, they are great, idk about other years tho

haha.... u dont need 4wd.... i dont have it and manage just fine, u just gotta learn to drive in the snow. i do carry a set of chains with me just in case i really need them tho.

I know. but its required my my mom..... u have no freaking idea.

I like my square body s10 all of the square body s10s are pretty mutch the same except the s10s are older than 1988 I think have different dashes here is one that has a pic of the dash 1983 S10 v8 with two 4s cheap here is the newer one like I have GMC I like the older dashes

im looking into 2000 or newer. its my daily driver, not in anyway a show truck lol

I had a 89 ranger when I was 17-19 years old. 2.9 V-6. That thing took a beating. the only problems were I changed valve pan gaskets in it 2 times a year, and I put 4 clutches in it. I learned a lesson, never buy aftermarket clutches! The Ford clutch I put in lasted the rest of its life. By that last clutch change, I could have that tranny on the garage floor in 3 hours, but I had good practice by then. I traded it in on a toyota truck when I was 19 and Have always owned toyotas ever since. Id sugegst a toyota, but its hard to find one real cheap. A Ranger or S-10 will be a good whip for you. Just make sure you find one that is mechanically sound. Body work can be done in-expensive if your adventurous. Engine & Drive train work can get pricey fast! Good luck in your search!

Sounds like you are almost set. I always liked the styling of the square body s-10s but they were definitely improved closer to 92, the only one I had that was a bot of a turd was an '87 Blazer 2.8. My Fords were all pretty good and seemed to have better fit/finish, the best one I owned was an '05 with the 2.3/5 speed. Keep us posted on what you find.

Buy a car I:I

lol I came close to doing that with my blaster :D

Sounds like you are almost set. I always liked the styling of the square body s-10s but they were definitely improved closer to 92, the only one I had that was a bot of a turd was an '87 Blazer 2.8. My Fords were all pretty good and seemed to have better fit/finish, the best one I owned was an '05 with the 2.3/5 speed. Keep us posted on what you find.

ya, im thinking I want at least an 2000. like I said, its going to be my daily driver, so need reliability. thanks for the help man!

My advice, buy the truck and save up a bit more for a 450R. The more money you have saved, the better setup quad you can buy.

ya I know. I found a COMPLETELY worked 450r by me for $3k. EVERYTHING was aftermarket setup for racing. I found some other nice ones for $2k

Yeah that would be best. I'm not saying you couldn't race on stock suspension for awhile because its not that bad, but why pay $2000 and then have to drop another $2000 into suspension yah know. This is one of the rare times I suggest a bike that is bought, not built.

Yeah that would be best. I'm not saying you couldn't race on stock suspension for awhile because its not that bad, but why pay $2000 and then have to drop another $2000 into suspension yah know. This is one of the rare times I suggest a bike that is bought, not built.

actually I was going to lok for a bike that had full suspension over everything else. if theres 1 thing that my blaster tought me, it was suspension first!