my blasy vs. 08 400ex

well theres a guy near me selling s 411cc 400ex and it has like 2500 in the motor and he says it puts like 33 hp. i heard blasters if done right can put out the same. but i have a 2000 blaster with 240 kit, vforce reeds, 320 main jet, tors delete, and soon to have 14t sprocket and i cant beat a 400ex to save my life. but my goal is to beat one eventually

If you guys blasters cant walk all over 400exs youre doing something wrong. I have a full port job, big carb, reeds, pipe, etc. Stock bore and stroke and whipped a built 416ex in every way. I have maybe 1500 in my whole bike, he had 2500 in just the motor, full curtis sparks built. And yes he can ride it.

4 strokes suck for drag racing, but for overall riding having a good time theres no problem with them. There is absolutely no argument that a 4 stroke is better in any way in straight up power comparisons. I have a bunch of the little 4 stroke mini pit bikes and theyre awesome, but i will never own a 4 stroke quad.

Im going to race a guy with a built "440" ex sometime after i get the bike jetted and everything with the newer carb i put on. Ill get a vid and post it, should be a good race. I get tired of the loud mouth 4 stroke fegs talking sh*t for no reason all the time.

lmao, i smell a little bullshit here, most of us saw the vid of myself going against a 04 400ex with a few mods and yeah with a good launch i will be able to beat him but in no way am i going to whip him in every way. so lets post up some vids man, i wanna see it. :) also can you get a pic of what you had to do to get the 16 tooth front on? ive always heard that to go bigger than 14 you need to mod the cases a little.. thnks

Last edited:
Im going to race a guy with a built "440" ex sometime after i get the bike jetted and everything with the newer carb i put on. Ill get a vid and post it, should be a good race. I get tired of the loud mouth 4 stroke fegs talking sh*t for no reason all the time.

u'll walk all over that 440 ex, one i raced was even with me for a few seconds then pulled one length in front of me, and i'm stock with just a fmf pipe, 14 40 gearing and 18 inch tires in the engine pretty much

well theres a guy near me selling s 411cc 400ex and it has like 2500 in the motor and he says it puts like 33 hp. i heard blasters if done right can put out the same. but i have a 2000 blaster with 240 kit, vforce reeds, 320 main jet, tors delete, and soon to have 14t sprocket and i cant beat a 400ex to save my life. but my goal is to beat one eventually

wow really. i still have stock stroke and bore and i can rip on 400's no prob. you need to get rid of that fmf and get a good pipe (cough cough fatbastard cough cough).. lol and port the piss out it.

^^^^i got a fmf cause they were cheap at the time and i knew little about 2 strokes. but i dont have any money to get a new pipe otherwise i would. you got a fatbastard youll sell me for cheap? cause thats about the only way ill be able to get one. and i think my cylinder is already ported. from what i can see when i take the reeds out there was some work done in the cylinder cause it doesnt look stock. but at tax time hopefully i will get a 35mm carb, different pipe, +3 crank, and new tires... but unfortunately the guy on the 400 is getting stuff too

i wish i could help you there but if i was parting out my bike i probly would. but i was just tryin to say that you're half way to having a badass bike just a few more mods and you'll kill'em

all in time. but by the time i get there he will have more mods to beat me. cause he knows my goal and he aint gonna let it happen.

Like i said, if you cant beat 400exs youre doing something wrong. The 16t sprocket bolted right on, but it will rub on the chain guard so i trimmed it off. Also wears out your bottom chain roller fast but i have extras. It pulls the 16t real nice, will do atleast 85mph. Port the sh*t out of it, get a decent intake and exhaust, and you can rip on 400s all day. The main advantage 400s have is higher top end speed, but you can compensate for that easy.

16t front sprocket??? Where did you find a 16t? I thought the biggest that was offered for a blaster was a 15t? Is it from a different machine?

all this talk about whooping 400ex's like it aint no thang... lol someone post a vid up! i know that i can beat the 400ex i raced and he has a +1 front sprocket, exhaust and he rejetted it but we were exactly even on top end and ive gained a bit more power and speed with a new jetting combination (55 pilot 162 main) so i will outrun him now but it wasnt a walk in the park like all you guys keep sayin. so c'mon someone get a vid haha I:I

The 16t is a 1 off deal, fits good though. Definatly the biggest you can go. If i cant beat this 440ex with my blaster im gonna sell the motor and invest in a yz465 i found for sale local. Either that or a yz250 water cooled, either one of those motors will be built. I had my friend today sitting beside me in his trans am doing 85, and its pretty accurate. When i was running 13-38 on 20s or 14-38 i dont remember, he clocked me at about 68.

I have some vids somewhere of me racing the sparks built 400ex somewhere, ill look through my photobucket account, i think it might have been on my putfile account that got deleted though :( Ill get some vids of me racing some 4 pokes after i get the bike fully tuned. Running a 172 main now which is pretty big. Pilot is also pretty rich too.

i would like to see a vid. cause i think you guys are pullin my leg on this one. i have the mods in my sig and like 12 years riding experience and i raced the dude again today and his is stock, and he has about a year experience. i cant beat him in a straight line. i get him through 3rd and the he catches up and smokes me. unless someone wants to come out here and race him on my quad to see if im doing something wrong... but i do know i need a new head gasket and reed gasket.

i would like to see a vid. cause i think you guys are pullin my leg on this one. i have the mods in my sig and like 12 years riding experience and i raced the dude again today and his is stock, and he has about a year experience. i cant beat him in a straight line. i get him through 3rd and the he catches up and smokes me. unless someone wants to come out here and race him on my quad to see if im doing something wrong... but i do know i need a new head gasket and reed gasket.

a modded blaster can beat a 400ex there is no doubt about that. what im saying is that i think to say you run around owning heavily modded 400ex's is a touch far fetched, unless you have some serious mods. but yeah dude a blaster can beat a 400ex

i youtubed blasters racing 400exs and i think i found one where the blaster beat the 400. but barely.