my 90 blaster build up

myusername

Jun 9, 2010
Marysville, Ohio
hey guys, i know i'm pretty new here but i figured i could get some attention by introducing my build lol. so i got this quad off of my grandpa a few years back for free because the engine was in a million pieces in a box beside everything else. i wish i would have gotten pictures of it now but i didnt. here is the only pic i have of it running next to my old pos car lol. i just got the frame back today from a friend of mine who welded in some gussets for me. here is a picture of that too. i'm in the process of stripping the paint the rest of the way off the frame now but i'm starting to get impatient with that lol so i think i'm gonna throw my fenders on it and cut them. i also purchased a +3 swinger on ebay last night and i'll be ordering my extended a arms and axle in the next couple days. i also have a bid in on a gsxr rear caliper, and i already have the master cylinder off a gsxr600 from when a buddy of mine totalled his a few years back. hope you guys find this interesting lol

Attachments

• quad.jpg
    quad.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 247
  • mms_picturegusset.jpg
    mms_picturegusset.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 239
Thanks guys. I actually joined this site when I was about to start this build for some ideas and there are so many sick blasters on here that I can only hope mine comes out half as good in the end. I'm gonna try to get it primered at least tomorrow, but I don't know what's gonna get done because I've got alot of work to do before I can continue

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get the old paint off? I've been using rustoleum aerosol aircraft stripper and it's not workin out so hot. I used two cans already at $9 a can and it's like a fifth of the way done. Lol I'm to cheap to keep throwing money into something that bearly works

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get the old paint off? I've been using rustoleum aerosol aircraft stripper and it's not workin out so hot. I used two cans already at $9 a can and it's like a fifth of the way done. Lol I'm to cheap to keep throwing money into something that bearly works

how about sandpaper and some good old manual labor??? I:I

i got the frame hanging in my garage with a fresh coat of primer on it right now I:I i just hope i can get it done in time to maybe compete in the union county fair race the first weekend in august so i want to have it done by mid july. as soon as the funds finish the transfer into my paypal account, hopefully by tomorrow morning, my axle and lsr +3+1 a arms will be on their way to my doorstep. i also bid on a ltz400 rear shock on ebay today but someone out bid me in the last second :( so now i need to find something else. hopefully some pics of the progress tomorrow

todays update: i got the fenders cut and i finished primering the frame and i got some color on it. i decided to go with a graphite color and i think it looks good. let me know what you think. i gotta finish laying the color on it tomorrow because my mom has been moving out and my dad is moving in. long story. but i've been trying to help them and work on my project at the same time. also, i'm hoping that my gsxr rear caliper and my swingarm show up in the mail tomorrow. my axle is also in the mail. i get payed monday so i'll be ordering a arms then. it looks like things are finally starting to look up for this blasty lol

Attachments

• 0625102309b.jpg
    0625102309b.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 0625102313.jpg
    0625102313.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 210
  • 0625102313a.jpg
    0625102313a.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 170
Welcome! It's coming along good. I like the frame color alot. I'm not a huge fan of cutting plastics but everybody has different tastes. Keep up the good work, and sorry to hear about the parents thing, hope that will work itself out too!

i got the frame painted today. i guess i didnt do the best job prepping it so it didnt come out the best but its okay and its on there. i wish i would have taken more time in the prep. anyways it looks a hell of a lot better than it did. still waiting on parts though

my caliper showed up in the mail yesterday and my swingarm came today. they both look good except my caliper was supposed to come with pads but they didnt show up with it. oh well i guess lol. here is a picture of the swingarm. do you guys think i should paint it or just leave it alone? i dont want to color match it to the frame because i want something that is gonna stand out a little but i'm not sure about this color. let me know what you guys think

Attachments

• extended swingarm.jpg
    extended swingarm.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 202
haha i knew everyone was going to start getting these after i posted where i got mine...

good choice man his swingers look solid. we'll see if they can take a beatin' i guess

wow man i didnt even realize that it was pretty much the same swingarm only mine is just the +3 lol. i ordered mine off of ebay last wednesday and i got it in a buy it now or best offer thing when i offered him $100 in the last day. lol it only costed me around $120 shipped and it looks good so we'll just see if it will withstand some abuse

so i went through my old e2s posts from a few years ago and i found a post that i made with a few pictures of the blaster when i first got it together. it surprises me how little i knew back then, and now that i re read my posts i sounded so stupid lol. here are a few pics of how it was

Attachments

• DSCF0381.jpg
    DSCF0381.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 168
  • DSCF0382.jpg
    DSCF0382.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 181
does anybody know where i can get just the front motor mount bolt and get it real soon? or do you think i could just go to my local hardware store and get the closest one they have and not have any problems?