my 90 blaster build up

sweet man, its always nice to roll around on it again after you get it running after a lot of time/hard work

It runs real good but i can't get my front brakes working at all and the rears aren't installed yet. Awk is mailing my rackets today I think. Also, I can't get the tie rods tight because the bolt just spins with the nut and I can't figure out how to hold it. Basically I just need brakes and tighten the tie rods down the rest of the way and go through with some safety wire and I'll be good to go.

what i have done to the tie rods before is, take a pair of channel locks and grab a hold of the end of the boss of the tie rod end and the bottom of the nuckle that it attaches to put pressure on it so the boss tilts to one side and tighten down the nut. that has worked for me everytime..

i ended up just getting the impact out. i just put pressure on the tie rods with my hands and used the impact on low and it spun the nuts on the bolt and got it snug and then i just hand tightened it the rest of the way. but its all good to go now. i also tore the front brakes apart and cleaned everything and they work a little now

got my brackets in the mail for the gsxr swap from awk08 this morning. i must say, if i didnt need brakes id probably hang these things up in my garage as a wall ornament they look so good. i'll get some pictures installed after i get back from lunch. thanks alot awk, rep given as soon as i figure out how to give it lol

here are some pictures of the stuff mounted minus the master cylinder. i'm not sure how its supposed to mount yet and i havent had the chance to weld the piece on that connects the pedal to the master cylinder. i wish i didnt have to put this thing back together with all these rusty bolts and what not but i have a friend who is moving to florida at the end of august because he's hoping it'll help with going pro in racing dirt bikes, and i wanna have this thing done so i can ride with him before he goes.

Attachments

• master cylinder bracket.jpg
    master cylinder bracket.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 160
  • rear caliper bracket.jpg
    rear caliper bracket.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 181
If you don't wanna put it together using old bolts why don't you go to a hardware store and buy a bunch of new ones? Or better yet buy a bolt kit off of ebay or such.

i'm just starting to get to my spending limit for now on this quad. i still have to buy some small stuff, and i can always go back through and replace the bolts when i get done with all the stuff i need and i just dont want to touch my savings for just bolts lol

i got home from work today and i did some work on the brakes. i ended up using a syringe and a piece of hose and putting it on the bleeder valve and vacuuming fluid through that way, and then i just bled it out the old fashioned way and its most of the way done. i wanted to take it out around the yard for a few minutes, but when i started it, it wouldnt rev at all and i could hear a sound that sounded like air blowing out of a compressor, so i felt around the engine, and it basically sucked my hand in around the reed cage. this wasnt like this two days ago. i guess i need to just get a leakdown tester and probably change just about all the gaskets. f*** it. i'm taking the bike out for a while, i just dont feel like messing with it right now.

you have a bad air leak right now, so if you take it out, bye bye top end, i would just put some RTV on those gaskets and put it back together

i know man. i just pushed it back into the garage and got the drz out and tore up some back roads for a little while. i'm going to iron pony tomorrow so i'm gonna look at some stuff for the quad and probably pick up a top end gasket set, and then i'll figure out what to do about a leakdown tester go through and fix whatever needs fixed. also my carb wont stop leaking fuel from somewhere and its driving me nuts because the motor wont stay clean at all

its coming from the carb. the petcock is completely dry and so is the hose running from it to the carb. would the float level also effect how the jetting is set?

i made a trip to iron pony today and they had some clutch and brake lever perches in the closeout bin for $3.99 a piece, so i got them. i also got a pair of riding gloves finally for like six bucks. i'll probably put the perches on tonight after work to clean up the look a bit. they also had handlebars for $9 but they were purple lol and that color wouldnt fit my quad