Motor swap!!!! Ninja ex500

so my dad is in a bad mood cause i owe him money and he said that he is not going to help me on the frame until i pay him back, and seeing how i dont have a job right now im kinda screwed!

alright i talked to my dad again and he said that if i cut up the tubes so all he has to do is weld he will do it, so starting tomorrow night i am going to start making all of the frame tubes, im gonna extend the frame atleast 6" i decided to make enough room for every thing,im gonna buy some sheet metal and try to make the front of the quad look sorta like a banshee since the radiator will be mounted up front ontop o the frame

ok, so its been a while since ive been on, but i got the frame extended 6" already and i am going to make up radiator mounts this weekend and hopefully the motor mounts aswell

yes i am,oh and i just got afree radiator today for the ninja motor, and the same eacher is giving me a whole other motor for free thats in better condition then the one i have

yes i am,oh and i just got afree radiator today for the ninja motor, and the same eacher is giving me a whole other motor for free thats in better condition then the one i have
score.. you gonna sell the other one? i might be interested bc i'm building a go-kart for a school project.

yea, there will be some vids, jumpin, makin my nobbies into slicks via burn out lol, i need a set of slicks for the drag strip, some wheelies if i can control it, and im not gonna jump too much unless i can trust the frame

k, so i have made some progress, all that is needed is for the motor mounts to be made and i need carbs and a throttle,hereare some pics of where its at right now

101908_003400.jpg

my buddy dusty who was helpin me, im the camera guy
101908_003500.jpg

101908_003600.jpg

101908_003700-1.jpg

the plastics are just restin on the frame, the tank will have to be mounted about an inch higher so it will feed the carbs properly,, but it still kinda looks like a blaster, i didnt think the front fenders would still fit.

he has an extended swingarm. lol, unless you mean even bigger. dude i cant wait for you to be done, as much as i hate when people mix brands, its gonna be f*cking sick.

hah, i just realized due to stretching your frame its gonna ride like a street bike, cuz the pegs are still where they were. lol that will be sweet for some tire shreddage. :p

hah, i just realized due to stretching your frame its gonna ride like a street bike, cuz the pegs are still where they were. lol that will be sweet for some tire shreddage. :p

that might be rough on teh nads. its not like a crotch rocket, im sure if your leaning over, you have nothing to support your body, and you'll just be on your baby makers the whole time.

might want to change that or see how it goes.

nah, its comfortable, we towed it behind my buddies truck w/o the motor in and it rode nice, im gonna get some of those foam pipe protectors to protect my knees from the steel pipe the swing arm is 3" extended, i may go bigger, not sure, but if i extend longer it will have to be some serious structural integrity

ok, i bought some carbs on ebay for $40 last night that were already jetted for an exhaust and cone filter, which is what im doing

i also traded my balloon tires, for a set of turf tamers from a kid at school, and those are 18's so they will make some good slicks after they are burned up pretty quick lol,

im buying the twist throttle soon and the fuse box and i will be rockin, just a couple more mounts to fab up and it will be ready to rumble