Making my Blaster Bigger

gb blaster

Apr 19, 2012
Maryland
Alright so first off id like to say i have a complete stock suspension set up.. i do have wheel spacers on the front of my bike...

Whats some good ways to make my bike biger for my size 6-4 about 255 or so

Things i planed on let me know you opions

Exteneded a arms: i dont know much about em but the little i read on here an seen on the blasters at awks wild ride... Doesnt some oone on here make em?

Ltz 400 rear shock: cheaper then a trx with the same preformace i belive

front shocks: dont know what i should do with those

Exteneded swingarm maybe? i read a few things on here is that a worthwhile mod?

Maybe an extended axel or wheel spaces on the back or a banshee axel whats the best bet for that?

Please let me know if you have any ideas on what else i could do or maybe help me with a little more information on the things i got listedI:I

a quality extended swingarm is a nice mod. people usually go between 2-4+ for mx/trail/sand, some people go between 6-10+ for drag. you can handle jumps better, its a tad more stable, less chance of pull the front wheels off the ground when under hard acceleration, slightly more traction.

an extended axle is they way to go if you want it wider in back. much more stability, better handling, better traction. spacers do the same but they add more weight to the rotating mass of the rim/tire/hub. which slows your tire in rotation a slight amount.

extended arms are the best thing to do for widening the front. not only will you be wider, giving stability and better handling/response, you can change your height, wheelbase, long travel shocks. spacers can be used, but just like the rear they slow things down. generally spacers are a cheap safe way to become wider, but do not yeild any of the advantages of arms.

as for front shocks. theres expensive aftermarket, a few oem shocks work. banshee, 89-90 lt250s, warriors possibly not sure on that one.

same for the rear shock theres aftermarket, and some oem options. ltz400, 400ex, 250r, 200x, 350x.

alright so i guess i will look into the extended axel for sure

Now with the longer swing arm it wont lift up with hard exceleration.. but will it still wheelie if i dont go to big... i do enjoy wheelies...

an defentally the exteneded a arms i thins some one on here makes em i been searching an cant find it !!

i saw this thread and i HAD to talk about my Fat Bottom Girl!!! LOL
Sicivic makes Quality A Arms Bro!!! Emphasis on Quality!!!! right now, i think hes got a jig set up for +3 up 1, id PM him and i Know his prices are Hard to Beat!!!
swingers...i run a +4 and i do like the occasional wheelie or 3 myself! it Will do it without hesitation but, its hard to keep it up! (how long before That ends up in a sig?) a +3 would be great for MX and all around!

alright bud well i mean wheelies are fun but there not everything...

An before what makes it to a sig an thanks ill get in contact with him i also might have so0me from shocks lines up

Stop! Before you commit to shocks, wait to see what the outcome is with civic, he can build a arms to match most lengths of shocks which will open up A LOT of possibilities. Stock shocks are 14? Something like that. But, with long travel a arms you can go longer! Mine are 400ex fronts and are 16 that's 2 inches!!! I have long travel a arms. What that means is, 450r shocks will fit, 660 rappys will fit and a bunch of others. Just gotta do the research. See what civic recommends before you drop coin on some other shocks first.

The best mod for fitting my size (5'11" 200 lbs) on a Blaster was extending my steering stem 3". You might want to try 4"?

Before, stock:
200345_10150156146080803_213894_n.jpg

After 3" steering stem lengthen:
524316_10150946179985803_1811176455_n.jpg

Fits me a lot better.

I was finding my short wheelbase a problem on hillclimbs. It wanted to flip over.
As well, I barely had room for larger tires and my feet.
My son has a 4" (by my measurements) swingarm extension.
It really kills traction and wheelies as not as controllable or predicable.
I opted for a 2" extension and am very happy with it:

2zodusw.jpg

I cut the swing arm here, and added a piece of 2"x1/4" flat steel here:

2woitxy.jpg

And added a horizontal 1/8" flat to it to take out any sway:

v4w2ko.jpg

You have to be very careful to keep everything square, but not hard with this simple cut and weld.

I do have the LTZ400 shock as well and like it.
I am the stock width and like it because I trail ride on my feet, don't want the width and can plant my weight.
My son's is widened and it is sweet on flat tracks, but no ergonomic gain for a big boy unless you leave your butt on the seat all the time.

Still running stock front shock, they suck but do handle my weight. Would like the front wheels further front.
Haven't figured out how yet, without custom "A" arms.

i like where you chose to extend it, most other diys on here extend the tubes

cant wait to hear how it holds up,this might be how i replace my extention

yeah i want to raise the handel bars i have the one ince handel bar spacers but maybe i should extend the steering stem.

I actually might being tradeing my whole rear end well im keeping my rear end but getting a whole new one.

Extended rear axle, is best and seems like ya have a plan for the fronts. I run the stud extenders up front, have had no issues on two blasters. You can find some used a-arms on craigslist local if ya look, I prefer to see in person those parts before I buy, They usually run 200-250 used , New can go from 350-800. I haven't made the extended a-arm jump yet, If I were to change I'd like to go out +3 up 1 Only to get more ground clearance and ease the steering. I would recommend a stabilizer if you ride anything other than sand, makes a world of difference in control. Extended stems are nice i wish i would of went +4 on my stem instead of 2.5, Us taller guys keeps us level sitting!

I just flipped my a arms and then I got sheet works shocks with rezzis and slapped a 1.5 spacer in front and 3 inch in the back extended DIY 2.5 with a warrior rear oil shock she is very controleable for my size 6'2" and 193lbs

I just flipped my a arms and then I got sheet works shocks with rezzis and slapped a 1.5 spacer in front and 3 inch in the back extended DIY 2.5 with a warrior rear oil shock she is very controleable for my size 6'2" and 193lbs

flipped your a-arms? care to explain?