Mafia needed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott,

Very sorry that this has happened. These days, Not everyone is as stand up as they should be.
By the looks at the pictures. It looks like, perhaps. He is not very mechanical inclined and bit off more than what he can chew or deliver upon.

Over the years, I have been burned a few times myself.

even tho, this is a very upsetting and frustrating situation. Perhaps calmer heads can prevail here.

Meaning, If people stay calm and focused in a positive manner. There are ways to resolve matter. legally. If one so wants to per-sue.

Sporty

Scott,

Very sorry that this has happened. These days, Not everyone is as stand up as they should be.
By the looks at the pictures. It looks like, perhaps. He is not very mechanical inclined and bit off more than what he can chew or deliver upon.

Over the years, I have been burned a few times myself.

even tho, this is a very upsetting and frustrating situation. Perhaps calmer heads can prevail here.

Meaning, If people stay calm and focused in a positive manner. There are ways to resolve matter. legally. If one so wants to per-sue.

Sporty

Unfortunately, it was integrity, not skill in question. The guy Scot sent it to was great at what he did. He just hasn't been doing it.

I guess it's probably time to ban him?

You know, we all slip up from time to time.
We don't know what is going on in his life right now, how he might be distracted.
Divorce, problems with children, health, depression. Until you have been through it you cannot understand.

There was a good man who said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

It surely will not be me...

You know, we all slip up from time to time.
We don't know what is going on in his life right now, how he might be distracted.
Divorce, problems with children, health, depression. Until you have been through it you cannot understand.

There was a good man who said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

It surely will not be me...

although i understand where you're coming from, i think we should cast all the stones we can find. scot is not the first member who colby screwed over on this forum. he used to be a stand up guy, but then he went rogue. :eek:

I guess it's probably time to ban him?

Why ??

The customer paid for a job and it was completed. Albeit, not very timely and according to the customer, not the quality they were expecting for the money paid.

I think the damage is done (to both parties). Most will remember this and Im sure should he poke his head in here anytime in the near future, this thread will resurrect and/or other members will pipe up and share these issues at that time.

Not to mention, what stops him from opening another user name, lurk about, stalking unsuspecting newbies and just sending PM's directly ? At least now his colors are flying and everyone can see him coming a few miles away.

.............and you only have one side of the story.

Just food for thought.

^^^ Actually to add insult to injury, the "bore job" was 67.12mm. Piston to cylinder clearance upon delivery would have been about 7 thousandths. FAR beyond anything considered runable.

The port timing and area are decent. Just a little short on intake area for the rest of the specs but it will be a good running cylinder before it's over with.

Why ??

The customer paid for a job and it was completed. Albeit, not very timely and according to the customer, not the quality they were expecting for the money paid.

I think the damage is done (to both parties). Most will remember this and Im sure should he poke his head in here anytime in the near future, this thread will resurrect and/or other members will pipe up and share these issues at that time.

Not to mention, what stops him from opening another user name, lurk about, stalking unsuspecting newbies and just sending PM's directly ? At least now his colors are flying and everyone can see him coming a few miles away.

.............and you only have one side of the story.

Just food for thought.

I only got a new piston for $260 bux if you see that as getting what i paid for you are out of your mind. I sent him a good jug to replace the one he sent me

hmmm this would not be your responce if you were on my side of this. i was nothing but polite to him and we had a detailed discussion of what he was gonna do to my cylinder. I paid him in full before he even started. the work was not completed in any way shape or form. as civic said even the bore job was screwed. and no i wouldn't ban him. i want him to read this

Can you imagine the frustration a banned person would go through reading comments about oneself and not being able to reply.

Can you imagine the frustration a banned person would go through reading comments about oneself and not being able to reply.

I'm sure it's torture. But in this case, he had ample opportunity to make any real issues known to the customer. Tons of phone calls, e-mail capabilities, calls from other members. There was no block on contact before the ban, he just failed to make it.

I'm sure it's torture. But in this case, he had ample opportunity to make any real issues known to the customer. Tons of phone calls, e-mail capabilities, calls from other members. There was no block on contact before the ban, he just failed to make it.

he has not been banned .....yet.
we were awaiting scots "go ahead"

he has not been banned .....yet.
we we're awaiting scots "go ahead"

I know. Just saying that in general, there's usually plenty of time to make it right before the ban happens, and this case was no different. If a ban results from someone getting a raw deal, there most likely isn't any need for the one doing the wrong-doing to say anything. "I'm sorry" isn't going to cut it and excuses are going to fall on deaf...eyes, by now. :)

Last edited:
i say...doodleaddict and another (i forget) member just got the boot for scamming.
this is clearly a scam
mr. hustler needs the boot too.

i say...doodleaddict and another (i forget) member just got the boot for scamming.
this is clearly a scam
mr. hustler needs the boot too.

Ban Mr colby hustler because this is his second offence to a member here as well as he has done other forums dirty too as awk pointed out. Now that scot knows he can read and not reply I am sure he will agree as well. 230 dollar piston is truely a scam!!!!!

I feel that I did not explain myself well enough.

I am not condoning what they have done, and taking away the right of reply is torture, but that maybe is what is needed to make one come good.

I am still having trouble putting into words what I mean.

Lets try it this way.

Do not ban access to BF, allow the offender to read , but not allow them to comment. Not being able to reply is frustrating.

Gosh I must be getting old, I know what I want to say, but the keyboard will not co-operate.

Ban Mr colby hustler because this is his second offence to a member here as well as he has done other forums dirty too as awk pointed out. Now that scot knows he can read and not reply I am sure he will agree as well. 230 dollar piston is truely a scam!!!!!

BANNED
thanx for the "go ahead"

yeah a ban is fine with me. now he has decided to contact me saying his lawyer will be calling me for putting out his work number. I really dont' see how that could be an issue when his work number is public record. I found it on a website

Status
Not open for further replies.