LT80 replacement....

Feb 28, 2010
Kailua-Kona, HI
sooooo, took my kid to the hilo mx track last weekend. and amongst the one wheel landings somewhere maybe all of them combined even LOL or me jumping small jumps on it, the LT80 carrier tabs/mounts on the motor were pretty much destroyed, so rather than just fixing it, I decided to upgrade him earlier than planned... I'm pretty sick of the motor/swingarm setup and am looking to sell that pos for $350ish as is (he still rode it and I didn't know it was like that til I went to load it after we were done riding)

on to the upgrade..

kasea905.jpg

kasea90.jpg

kasea902.jpg

kasea903.jpg

kasea904.jpg

the frame is the new 09 and 4 halfs kasea skyhawk frame :lol:

i cant quite see it could you post some bigger pics please??? hahaha I:I
looks like the boy is gonna have a blast on it, whats the displacement??

dang i wish my dad bout me new stuff... i have to buy all my stuff... but lol nice tho yur very good to ur son man

I had that motor on the kasea adventure buggy a few years back. I got a whole whopping 11hp out of it before it smoked the rings ;)

If i remember right it was a 125cc

I suppose I'll spill the beans as it sounds like some of you don't know what you're looking at LOL..

that's a modded 250r frame. modified to be smaller and fit the kasea 90 motor my buddy who built it used his sons cobra to go off of for dimensions. the front end is all 250r from those works shocks to the dual a-arms and steering stem, disc brakes, hubs all that happy stuff :)

motor has porting and a big carb and a pipe not sure what all else it is a legal 90cc tho. I have a spare motor that came with it that is a 110cc stroker.

it has a durablue axle, new honda DWTs up front (cool as I can steal them for my LTR if this bike is ever down LOL) kenda klaw MXF fronts MXR rears, elka rear shock rebound and compression adjustable. not sure what all else. AC pro peg nerfs, pro taper 7/8" bars lol. oh, and a billet gas cap/breather lol

1st mods will be steering stabilizer and maybe some flexx bars or the precision bar clamp and a standard fat bar :D more pix. pulled the jets cleaned them, changed the gas and put the chain on and man does this thing sing...

kaseadaytime.jpg

kaseadaytime2.jpg

kaseadaytime3.jpg

kaseadaytime4.jpg

kaseadaytime5.jpg

I can safely say it's quite an upgrade from an LT80 from about every angle... these motors can make some good power too and you can actually ride it with speed OFF ROAD without worry of cracking the motor all over the place...

ya man when the kid grows out of that give the frame some blaster love lol. and now i guess i will b the first. how bout a video??

vids had to wait on the riding LOL. there was NO jump in the begining, I'll try to find those pix/vids. It was down to a bump that I couldn't even jump on my 450. anyway, here's a couple but it IS a new to him bike and bigger considerably than the LT80 so it's not all that great, but he DID show significant improvements all over the place and I'm happy and proud of him :)

this is him and my buddy Mike on my 450 (he doesn't really ride he's scared of 2nd so I don't force him to wear a helmet, that is literally his max speed) they went around the airport runway and stuff it's a couple miles ride and this is them getting back to our little gathering spot.

MikeandNoa.mp4 video by hawaiianbasshead - Photobucket

this is my son doing a lap on the kiddie track (keep in mind this is after I rebuilt the jump with my boots a flap of cardboard and salt water that I had to scale a cliff with a rope and bucket to get, no seriously, next time I'll get a vid of that part too lol) so we didn't bother really hitting the adult track as it was totally destroyed and needed more than a confused piece of cardboard thinking it was a shovel to fix...

Noafulllap.mp4 video by hawaiianbasshead - Photobucket

this is my kid getting a little more air off the jump since I was yelling at him to go faster LOL

fasterjump.mp4 video by hawaiianbasshead - Photobucket

oh, and actually, it's slower power wise than the LT80 it felt like to me. I'm sure the tires are part of it so I'm thinking of putting the turf tamers on the rear or possibly a higher tooth rear or lower tooth front sprocket... it's got power off the line but after that it's kinda dead so maybe a really good ported top end and a miled head possibly would help... not sure tho. we'll see, he needs to use all the power it has on tap before I add more...

bike has an analog PVL ignition system, a 28mm koso carb, koso intake manifold and I think the pipe is a hetricks MX pipe but not sure. I'll look at the CVT tomorrow maybe as well as possibly remove the rear plastics and get a pic of the pipe to post on ex riders to find out which pipe it is for sure :)

so far it seems like a sick deal. the PVL sells from max rpm for $550 for the setup I have...

cyl probably needed a hone after sitting for 2 years without even kicking it lol

if I put a fresh top end on w/milled head and good porting it should be pretty quick. gotta check the cvt too rollers and rear clutch/springs. maybe change the front sprocket to a 19-20t (has a 18t now) and maybe put a boost bottle on it too and see how it goes from there. larger front gear will be automatically more top speed, boost bottle, fresh top w/milled head will add bottom end. and porting slight loss in bottom end and big boost in mid to top end :D

looking forward to playing with it lol. also wanting to add rear beadlocks :D polished w/blue rings maybe from max rpm... may have to change the rear hubs to the 4x110 somehow... here's the rims I'm thinkin of getting....

cmbl083404110.jpg

Last edited:
if you've got plenty of power off the line, but it runs out too quick, you're looking at going the wrong way with the gearing.

bigger front/smaller rear=more top speed

smaller front/bigger rear=more low end
another thing is if you need a big change, change the front sprocket, if you are fine tuning do the rear. 3 teeth on the rear is the roughly the same as going 1 tooth the opposite way on the front

if you've got plenty of power off the line, but it runs out too quick, you're looking at going the wrong way with the gearing.

smaller front/bigger rear=more low end
another thing is if you need a big change, change the front sprocket, if you are fine tuning do the rear. 3 teeth on the rear is the roughly the same as going 1 tooth the opposite way on the front

all true but... with cvt the rollers and clutch play a huge part in the overall performance. You may not be getting full belt travel therefore no top speed. You should always mark your variator so you will know at all times.

U thunk blasters are a biotch u otta try these little cvt's lol....tune, tune and then tune somemore. Once u get them right they haul ass :}

the blaster has been pretty easy to work on for me, tuning was pretty easy, but its not dialed in 100% yet. once i get the shift forks replaced i'll be ready about in time to jet it up for winter riding

what are you talking about, I said it has a 18t front now and I want to add a 19 or 20... I've geared my 450. you don't need to change both to regear one tooth in front is similar to 2-3 rear teeth... I actually changed both for the hell of it but you can change just the front and yes, I'm well aware that changing the front is for more top speed. I changed just the front to a higher speed on my sons LT80 (had midwest mini 13t I changed it with an rm80 14t) and it made a difference in the way I was looking to go.

wait, did you think I was referring to a REAR sprocket? my kids bike is 18/35 I'll let you decide which is front LMFAO

Last edited: