LT-R450 "pro armor" nerfs on my blaster

Awk08

Search Pretty Womans from your city for night
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
Usa
won these, brand new, bad boys last week for under half price...............
Pro Armor RACE NERF BARS W/FAT PEG LT-R450 06-09 : eBay Motors (item 330417063151 end time Mar-30-10 13:59:08 PDT)

the heelgaurds are huge, but gonna offer great protection, and the fat pegs are sick, with the inserts and upturned ends
got 'em sittin 1 rear bolt on my blaster, where the stock heelgaurds mounted
and see that i will need to cut out 5 inches of side rail (red markings), then i'm gonna get the correct size tubing inserted and rewelded
then the front mounting tab should line right up with the lower, rear a-arm bolt (green arrows), which looks to be it's original intention on the 450
i'll also have to have a correct size stem welded to my footpeg mount, for the pegs to slide onto and bolt as the originals did
i'll update this as i fab this week

dw5nbl.jpg

n5fms1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck man I cant wait to see them on! but i personally wouldnt want to cut out the neft area that much. would it be possible to make it work but cutting up top somewhere?? idk just thinking aloud

i looked long and hard all week at where to cut them, and the only place i have a straight cut area is where the nets are, thats the only place gonna allow me to put an insert for strength, i will end up with one cross net and still keep all 3 front to back nets, unless i can remonut 1 of the cross net mounts after rewelding it all??? i'm not really worried about the nets, i was lookin more for good heel protection and the fat pegs

hmmm i was thinking if you cut it where it bends forward ( between the 2nd and 3rd) and continued that angle as long as desired then weld an angle so its straight and do the same to the other side. You can mount the new piece between the 1st and 2nd net hook ups (a similar way to Blastizzle). oh and dont forget tabs for U-bolt mounting. idk that would be my plan

i followed bastizzles fab job closely, and that helped me decide to buy these, but these are different, and they already have a tab to mount to the lower a-arm bolt, no u-bolts needed,
i'll give your suggestions a good look tomorrow, but pretty sure i've got it figured out, 1 straight splice, only 1 weld, with a solid aluminum insert, the less i cut and weld, the less i mess up the powder coating

Last edited by a moderator:
/\/\/\/\ we got different tatses and needs, way too much net, and not near as much heelguard as the ones i got,
(remember... i almost got my foot ripped off last year at this time?) that wont be happening with these heelgaurds

That is true i do like net area but the main attraction to my 660 nerfs was the heel guard. And yea i remember man lol, ive been there lol i got metal holding my foot together too.

But why take away from the net size when you dont have to? thats all im asking, and just offering my ideas :D

found a dude that works on goverment projects here, we got a plant that makes armoured vehicles, i gotta get the 5 inches cut out and an inner tube for support and then he's gonna tig weld the splice for me, prolly this week

i didnt fool with them anymore, gettin the boys build ready for the engine swap this week, went way further on it than i expected, once i put his in my bike it was almost to bare frame, so i cleaned/replaced every part on it, but i did find a dude who will tig weld the splice back together for me after i cut out the 5 inches, i also have to weld a tube to the peg bases for these to mount, they slip onto it, but look like they're gonna go right on after that
maybe next week???

my neighbor works at my local shop and does a bunch of stuff like this. he usually cuts a couple inches out of teh bar and welds bak on the front. hes done it for a couple people i know. always turns out great