jetting problem maybe

lethal njection

Mar 24, 2013
I have a 2004 blaster with toomey b1 full exhaust the problem im having is when im pin or going then let go of the gas it idle or rev irregular when im coasting or come to a stop can anyone give me an idea whats wrong. im thinking its the air screw cuz i turned it up cuz it was taking off reeeeeallly slow ???

When was the last time you tested the motor for air leaks.

Never fiddle with the air screw , only to adjust the idle.

Idle adjusting.

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.

Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS it is the big screw under seat on top of unit. With no TORS is is the brass screw midway down carb body.

Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor to responds.

Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .

A #290 - #300 main should be good with your mods, unless you premix and have very cold weather.

Methinks it could be sucking air!

14mqc1y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for all your help guys im new to this forum am im still figuring out how to post n reply lol...but yes im in the process of messing with the main jet and today i did notice the reed bolts were not so tight idid not install these parts i bought it like that and when i go to take off it just takes forever to get into power band so i up the air screw and it worked but it sounds weird when i slowdown or come to a stop sometimes and yes i am premiixing the tors if all blocked off :)maxima castor 927 yum

Try using a little punctuation and less text lingo, will help imensly in deciephering what you are saying. X-2 on air leak. Most likely at reeds, but further testing will be best. Don't overtighten reed screws in attempt to fix that leak. Sealer, and or maybe new gaskets will be needed.

don't the toomey pipe "kits" come with a 310-320 main jet ??
i just bought one for my black bike and will be starting around a 340 and working down

yea awk, my best bet my last dollar it's leaking at the cage and the jetting is a tad off. but yea dont overtighten at the cage it'll cause warpage of the gasket.