Jetting numbers...the solution

i got a 2000 blaster, EVERYTHING is stock, if i get a FMF fatty and powercore 2, what would my jets haveto be to get FULL performance out of it?

There is nobody who can tell you what jetting for what mods exactly BUT, we can tell you where to start, you WILL have to plug chop yourself to jet your quad correctly as all engines are different, plus if you jet for "full performance" then you will need to adjust your jetting in the winter or colder climates or for different altitudes as the air is thinner the higher up you go otherwise you are pretty much guaranteed to have big problems such as seizures. The biggest maintenance skill you can have on these or any quad is how to plug chop, the next biggest is leak-down tests.

Sorry if i come across a bit harsh but the importance of plug chopping cannot be understated ! ;)

Shouldn't people list their elevation in addition to the 7 factors? I'm trying to figure out how to jet my blaster, but it is tough because nobody listed their elevation. (I'm sitting in Ogden UT at about 4,500 ft. I ride probably between here and 9,000 ft).

1) what carb do you have??? 35mm pwk

2) What type of aftermarket exhaust do you have? Trinity

3) What type of airfilter do you have? K&n with outerwear

4) What kind of air box set up do you have?? Cfm

5) What size pilot jets are you using? 48

6) What size main jets are you using? 160

7) What needle position? Middle

1) what carb do you have???stock

2) What type of aftermarket exhaust do you have?fmf gold series/ power core2

3) What type of airfilter do you have?k&n airfilter

4) What kind of air box set up do you have??air box lid removed with prefilter

5) What size pilot jets are you using?stock

6) What size main jets are you using? 340

7) What needle position? 2nd from the top of moose racing needle

Its got a 3mil crank and its bored .90 over i really need your help guys. Stock spark plug if anyone needs to know

1) What carb do you have???>>> Stock Mikuni

2) What type of aftermarket exhaust do you have?>>> Stock Fatty, Pro Circuit Slip on.

3) What type of airfilter do you have?>>> Moose dual foam

4) What kind of air box set up do you have??>>> Stock with lid "ON"

5) What size pilot jets are you using?>>> Stock 32.5

6) What size main jets are you using?>>> 270 Main

7) What needle position?>>> 3rd down from the top at dead sea level.

I do have opened/ported fuel ports, raised exhaust port timing, polished exhaust port with a Wiseco piston, standard 66mm bore. Air screw is 1-3/4 turns out, 14/40 gear ratio. 20" tires with STI polished wheels.
Jetting feels spot on and bike F'n Ripps.

this could help out alot of members if this takes off.
and hopefully this will help alot of the newbies...
I:IblasterforumI:I

STOCK JETTING IS:
PILOT:32.5
MAIN:230

Please copy and paste this along with your answers in your reply, thanks.

1) what carb do you have??? Stock

2) What type of aftermarket exhaust do you have? FMF fatty and powercore II

3) What type of airfilter do you have? K&N like

4) What kind of air box set up do you have?? Stock

5) What size pilot jets are you using? I'm not sure what that is

6) What size main jets are you using? I think this may be the main jet but 260

7) What needle position?
4th from the bottom or 2nd down

1) what carb do you have??? Stock

2) What type of aftermarket exhaustdo you have? Stock

3) What type of airfilter do you have? Stock

4) What kind of air box set up do you have?? Stock

5) What size pilot jets are you using? Dont know how to check??

6) What size main jets are you using?240

7) What needle position? 3

7,000 feet above sea level

Read more: http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/jetting-numbers-the-solution.17259/#ixzz3RtcPfOaD

1) what carb do you have??? stock

2) What type of aftermarket exhaust do you have? Pro Circuit with stock silencer

3) What type of airfilter do you have? stock

4) What kind of air box set up do you have?? stock with six 1/2'' holes drilled on the lid, snorkel removed

5) What size pilot jets are you using? stock 32.5

6) What size main jets are you using? what i think i have drilled out to 270-280 ish

7) What needle position? 3rd from the top (middle)

53 feet above sea level
side note: i have drilled boysen ports, matched the exhaust port to the flange, knife edged transfers and intake ports. plug looks OK, might be a tad lean. both images are of the same plug, just shot at different angles,
Read more: http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/jetting-numbers-the-solution.17259/#ixzz3bNotGGiy

Attachments

• plug1.JPG
    plug1.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 438
  • plug2.JPG
    plug2.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 433
1) what carb do you have??? stock

2) What type of aftermarket exhaust do you have? Pro Circuit with stock silencer

3) What type of airfilter do you have? stock

4) What kind of air box set up do you have?? stock with six 1/2'' holes drilled on the lid, snorkel removed

5) What size pilot jets are you using? stock 32.5

6) What size main jets are you using? what i think i have drilled out to 270-280 ish

7) What needle position? 3rd from the top (middle)

53 feet above sea level
side note: i have drilled boysen ports, matched the exhaust port to the flange, knife edged transfers and intake ports. plug looks OK, might be a tad lean. both images are of the same plug, just shot at different angles,
Read more: http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/jetting-numbers-the-solution.17259/#ixzz3bNotGGiy

that is like some professional photography lol
perhaps post a new thread more people will help you:)
it is at top right of a section you choose engine /general support ect:)

^^^ Although great pics, that is not really what you are looking for as far as a plug chop.. Hence the word "chop" ,, you actually need to cut "chop" the threads off of the plug in order to see the base of the porcelain right at the base of the plug. The thickest part.. There will be "should be" a tan colored ring.

Darker = richer Light or non existent = lean.. You need to do a proper plug chop though and not just ride with it in for a bit..

^^^ Although great pics, that is not really what you are looking for as far as a plug chop.. Hence the word "chop" ,, you actually need to cut "chop" the threads off of the plug in order to see the base of the porcelain right at the base of the plug. The thickest part.. There will be "should be" a tan colored ring.

Darker = richer Light or non existent = lean.. You need to do a proper plug chop though and not just ride with it in for a bit..

i did the proper plug chop procedure except for the actual chopping part ; warm up engine, go through all gears under load and hold it in 6th for about 10 seconds, pull clutch in and hit the kill switch while holding throttle open, than take the plug out and chop it. i didn't get around to it due to the lack or a decent hack saw blade, lol

Warm up engine and then fit a new plug, then ride it!

Do not hold the throttle open when you kill it!

Is that what you did?

Warm up engine and then fit a new plug, then ride it!

Do not hold the throttle open when you kill it!

Is that what you did?

oops, that is what i did , now when i think about it probably will give me a falsely rich reading, time to buy more plugs and repeat the process with leaving the throttle closed when i hit the kill switch. thanks for letting me know before it is too late

Last edited:
Need a little help with jetting. I didn't see a set up like mine so I'm not sure where to start.

Stock carb

new cheap hi-flo dual stage filter

air bow with lid, six 1/4" holes in lid, no snorkel

stock expansion chamber, fmf power core slip on

.25 over wiseco piston

power reeds

Autolube delete, premix

I just finished a full top to bottom rebuild, I don't want to break it in too lean. Just need a safe starting point.

this could help out alot of members if this takes off.
and hopefully this will help alot of the newbies...
I:IblasterforumI:I

STOCK JETTING IS:
PILOT:32.5
MAIN:230

Please copy and paste this along with your answers in your reply, thanks.
What size jet should i run it boggs hard wide open n on the jump boggs hard its borded .30 over 66.75mm wisco piston
1) what carb do you have??
Mikunie
2) What type of aftermarket exhaust do you have?
Full fmf fatty
3) What type of airfilter do you have?
Stock
4) What kind of air box set up do you have??
Stock no lid
5) What size pilot jets are you using?
6) What size main jets are you using?
7) What needle position?

1) what carb do you have???
Stock
Full fmf , fatty gold series and powercore 2 silencer
K&n
Stock
Stock (need to know what to move up to )
7) What needle position?[/QUOTE]
2nd

1) what carb do you have???
Stock
Full fmf , fatty gold series and powercore 2 silencer
K&n
Stock
7) What needle position?
2nd[/QUOTE]

5. stock 32.5 pilot
6. buy 270 thru 310 mains, possibly larger depending on your elevation and current temps. sea level @ 10 degrees will require a larger main than 1800' elevation @ 60 degrees, go in the carb section and find/learn "plug chops", start large and plug chop down
7. the middle clip position has worked on every blaster I have tuned @ 1800' elevation from 30-90 degrees, your results may vary