Jet down?

Quadrider10

Dec 18, 2011
New Jersey
www.youtube.com
Ok my jetting is 320 main 1turn out airscrew, 4th needle clip, and when I did that and plug chopped, it came really rich, but not to bad. But since I'm racing, I liked it cause I knew I was gonna push the engine. But now now since it warmed up, I see a lot more smoke from the pipe, and also a lot of oil build up in the exhaust silencer. It drips front the silencer. I premix 32:1 and never had this happen before. Since the weather is warming up, it's now like 60+ ish, I was thinking about going from 320 to 310
Sound good?

Last edited:
It runs great and dosent blubber out once it's warm and cleared out. but it smokes like crazy until about after the first lap, and drips oil from tip of silencer.

Last edited:
Air cleaner good and clean? Keep yorself a written record of your jetting so as temps go down you'll know at what temp to bump up. Sounds as if you are at the point you could drop one size, but YOU have to confirm its good with either a plug chop or plug reading.

You can prolly go back to a 310, but be sure to plug chop.

My lad runs a similar setup as you, with a main of 340, needle on bottom clip, and castor at 25:1. This may seem too rich, but the extra oil leans out the mix.

If is is blubbering after it is warmed up and cleaned out it may pay to come back a size on the main, the only way to find out is to try.