Jeremy's 1996 Blaster Build (TON OF PICTURES)

this is a very nice build man.. how much do you have invested in it so far?

im new to this 4wheel thing but how macanically inclined from 1/10 do you have to be to tear down a quad and put it back together? this looks like soo much fun@

Wow sorry it took so long. I cant really rate how difficult this is to do. I am a full time mechanic by day. If you had to start on a quad, I think the blaster would be the one. Way Easy.

So because I am lazy and havent done a thing in over a month (been busy with my klx 110) here are some pictures. Now Im just waiting on my fedral return and my cometic gaskets.

I woulda taken a picture of the head also but it was ALL the way out in the garage, im such a lazy ass....

IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

Forgive the low quality these pics were taken with my phone.

Sent from my HTC on the Now Network from Sprint!

Yeah I am still new to my HTC...They do look pretty good once I got them posted up here. I just got my fedral tax return so Im thinking im buying a brand new F7 pipe and VF3 reeds for this....

Brand spanking new F7 on the way. I was going to get the green one but I decided to get the silver one incase I ever part it out. Lets see where I am money wise.

$200 for the Blaster
$100 for the crank if I remember right
$260 for the Head work, boring, and port work from Flotek
$95 for piston and rings
$320 for the F7 pipe
$100 for misc parts like bolts, chain rollers, and shipping and what not I bet
$35 for a gasket set

I traded a gallon of paint for a TMX 35mm sudco racing mikuni flatslide
I had most of the paint laying around for everything else

Im sure I forgot something so far. I still might get the V force reeds.

I think I got around $1100 in her so far.

OK so add another $130 for some V force reeds. I finally bit the bullet on everything I THINK I need.

$130 vf3's
$22 for throttle cable
$12 for air filter
$18 for a green handlebar pad... Had to have it.

I also took an old fresh air tube deal I had From one of my jetskis that just so happened to be 3 3/8" Fits on my carb inlet perfectly. I just gotta rig it onto the intake tube somehow now. I always wondered what people do when they get aftermarket carbs for these things....

usually a trip to the hardware store to get some PVC odds and ends. there's a thread about it in the engine swaps/mods section

Brand spanking new F7 on the way. I was going to get the green one but I decided to get the silver one incase I ever part it out. Lets see where I am money wise.

$200 for the Blaster
$100 for the crank if I remember right
$260 for the Head work, boring, and port work from Flotek
$95 for piston and rings
$320 for the F7 pipe
$100 for misc parts like bolts, chain rollers, and shipping and what not I bet
$35 for a gasket set

I traded a gallon of paint for a TMX 35mm sudco racing mikuni flatslide
I had most of the paint laying around for everything else

Im sure I forgot something so far. I still might get the V force reeds.

I think I got around $1100 in her so far.

ur gonna love the f7 bro, but u will like it more if u add in the vforce into the mix

Alright here we go, finally some shiney new parts. I couldnt even bring myself to take it out of the bubble wrap...

Here is my custom intake in the works, I just gotta tie this in with the factory tube, its pretty flexible so a little sealer and heat and I might have something real nice here.

Something else showed up today! Tax season is like Christmas when I was little. Only at a much larger more fun scale, except the spending my own money part...anyways....

IMAG0015.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

Should be obvious what I got...

Ok guys I got a couple of really stupid questions. Im sure it can go either way but is there a bottom or a top to the head gasket?

Also, my F-7 pipe doesnt have a rubber deal to put the silencer on the head pipe. Is it just a slip fit?

Waiting on a reed spacer from blasterzone.com still so I can finish building my intake...

i am not sure but there should be a rubber piece to connect your headers to your silencer. maybe check the old exhaust and see if it is still on there. blasterfreek could tell you cause it looks like he has the same pipe. if you look at his pic you can kind of see a rubber piece in there. also if you can before you mount your exhaust and carb do a pressure check on your motor. if you have any leaks around the crankseals or intake or cylinder it will run lean and there goes some more money. with your head gasket i belive the center raised part is supposed to sit on the cylinder in the raised position so when the cylinder head is put on it sqaushes it flat with the outer and inner edges of it. i dont know if that made since or not let someone else on here say for sure.

Found out I need nothing for the pipe. I am well aware of what an air leak will do to a 2 stroke. As far as pressure checking goes I would love to but I dont have the things I need to do it. I would also like to check my Jet skis. I rebuilt one of then the middle of last season. I might rig a setup and take them all to work with me one day and regulate the air down there.

So while I was waiting for my reed spacer I put on some more green stuff....

I also mocked up the pipe. This this would be a pain to put on with the cylinder there I think. Im gonna leave it in the frame when I slide the cylinder down so I dont have to fight it into the frame and risk knocking even more paint off then I have already. I shoulda just bit the bullet and powder coated it. O well theres always next time. Heres what I got.

IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

I didnt actually glue the grips on cuz my bars are bent bad. So when I get new bars I will glue them on.
IMAG0043.jpg

Get a good look at how shiney it is...It will never look like this again.
IMAG0041.jpg