Jeremy's 1996 Blaster Build (TON OF PICTURES)

jjj_85

Sep 26, 2009
Des Moines IA
I have been taking pictures the last few days of my Blaster so I figured it was about time for me to write up this thread. I bought this unit for $200. It has been sitting in a shed with the top end off the motor. It needs a top end rebuild and a crankshaft that I know of so far. Here are a few pictures of what I have going on so far.

Here she is the day I brought her home. I got a little ahead of myself and already yanked the motor out before taking pictures....
DSCF1431.jpg

DSCF1435.jpg

DSCF1433.jpg

I was just going to throw a motor together then this started happening....
DSCF1439.jpg

DSCF1441.jpg

DSCF1443.jpg

DSCF1455.jpg

DSCF1457.jpg

I know this is laziness at its greatest point but I will take some laquer thinner to the tires and you wont even be able to tell I didnt mask anything off, atleast I let the air out so I could paint the lip.....

DSCF1460.jpg

After cleaning the hell outta everything and checking it over, here is the beginning of the reassembly. I actually used an acid aluminum cleaning solution used for Trucks on the cases. Worked great I think. Didnt even have to scrub. Here is the Vito's Crank and transmission all going back in.

DSCF1463.jpg

DSCF1464.jpg

DSCF1466.jpg

i see a 650sx in the back there.. thats the type of ski i traded for my blaster..
nice crank.. looks Great.. i like the bottle of bud with the tools almost a needed tool.. lol

i see a 650sx in the back there.. thats the type of ski i traded for my blaster..
nice crank.. looks Great.. i like the bottle of bud with the tools almost a needed tool.. lol

I spy a fox body 'stang drag car.... looks like me put my camaro on hold to get back on a quad...being a broke college student sucks lol.

Correct mr 305 that is a 650sx. That isnt the same bottle in all the pics either.... Here are some crappy pictures while I was winterizing the 650sx and 750zxi.

DSCF1471.jpg

Yeah that mustang is a money pit Brandoz28. It actually drove itself into the garage a year ago. Then I decided I didnt like the suspension and it was time to do body work. Its been an ongoing project for 3 years now. Started as a 4 cylinder car, then it was a 429 car, now I worked over the 429 and its a 466.

DSCF1468.jpg

I also have a trail 70 HKO and a trail 50 K3 stuffed in here.

DSCF1473.jpg

I did that motor in the kitchen, that garage was a mess at that time.

DSCF1379.jpg

i might be rebuilding a blaster in my apartment so i feel your pain, i usually build wiring harnesses and stuff in my room because i can barely get to my project in the garage...

sweet build man,what kinda acid solution did you use to clean the case???

Its made my trailer mobile. You mix it like 50 parts water to one part acid. Works amazing on anything it wont melt actually. I have used it on chrome and aluminum. I even used it to take some discoloration out of the paint on the bottom of my truck from a fresh asphalt road.

Its made my trailer mobile. You mix it like 50 parts water to one part acid. Works amazing on anything it wont melt actually. I have used it on chrome and aluminum. I even used it to take some discoloration out of the paint on the bottom of my truck from a fresh asphalt road.

thats pretty good sh*t then,where can i get it at?

hey man just noticed you were from des moines, know of any cheap blaster projects around? feel free to pm (i'm living in ames)