It's been a Blast...

mjgnslngr

Dec 11, 2011
Vermont
www.facebook.com
Well folks, my time here has come to an end... i havent been on in a while because ive been busy with the new job and with my newest ride! i sold the Blaster an bought a 1989 GSX-R 750. been looking into a motorcycle for a while. hemming and hawing about what to get; cruiser, harley, or sport bike. as some of you know, iam, to say the least, older than most of you but, much younger than my age at heart! i must have looked at 100+ bikes and really couldnt find one to suit my taste. then along came this one...
back in 88, fresh outta high school, a friend was going to college and sold me his 87 Gixxer 1100. what a ride man! i owned it for 3 years before upgrading to my first Harley. i missed that bike. the handling, the fierce power and of course, the chicks i got with it. LOL.
ive grown up on motorcycles of ALL different kinds, MX, sport, drag, Harleys, ive had my fair share of them however, the Suzuki i had stuck with me. just the sleek nature of the old school oil boiler-slabside, the First true sport bike. i had to have another!
this is the beginning of a restore but, it really doesnt need much! a few odds and ends to make it completely original. AND, it goes down the road smooth and very quickly (already tested it and ran 147mph on the interstate. HAHA! I:I DISCLAIMER- DONT TRY THIS AT HOME KIDS!!!

I will still come on and check in with Ya'll and keep you up to date on the progress and Pics but for now, i only have a couple and its raining!
(PS) any one with old school Gixxer parts 88-91, let me know!!!B)
gixxer.jpg

nooo that was a awesome blaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have to keep coming on here though you have been a big help to everyone and me also with my carb troubles, are you ever going to get another offroad machine?

Sad to see the blasty go mike, but life moves on.
Keep in touch if you'd like and
good luck with everything!

I had noticed your absents. Someone posted a link to the CL listing on your quad. It came as a surprise, to me, I'm glad to hear it was a change of direction and not some kind of emergency. How long have you been on it at one time, so far? I just traded for a street bike and the first couple of times I was on it for more than a few minutes, I was sore. I ended up with a 92 600 Seca II, which isn't near as aggressive as the GSX-R. I planning taller bars and softening up the suspension on mine. I'm getting soft in my old age, lol. I hope you make time to stop by often, you've already been missed.

...I told myself I wasn't gonna cry...
I was sad to see the blaster go to Joe, lot o good times in the build n the riding. But, live does move on.
I've only had the motorcycle for a few weeks and already put 1k + miles on it. Been riding as often as possible while I still can before snow. The first week there was some of that old fatigue but it went away after I got used to the style of riding again.
I will still be back here, I met some really cool people on this forum and I still miss my blaster and miss bs about them. Just cause I changed rides for now doesn't mean I'll never have another. I sat with my son the other night and counted all the cars, trucks and motorcycles I've owned in my 40+ years...276. That's a lot. But like I told him, for me the enjoyment isn't in owning that many, it's that I've been able to drive/ride all those different kinds of vehicles. From a 1966 chevelle to a 2000 blaster. I've loved everyone of em! This bike is just another one to the list of cool things I've owned in this life. And life is WAY TO SHORT to let the stupid things that make you happy slip by.
I guess I'll have to get some more pics of the Gixxer up when I start the restore. Lol, how's THAT gonna look on a forum meant for Yamaha blasters? Hahahahanan

Good luck with everything man, sad to see the blaster go, but happiness is what matters. Stay in touch, looking forward to pics of the bike! Be careful on that thing.

You suck! Never speaking to you again! Well, not really But I like the crotch rocket! Put some nobbies on there and you'll be fine for winter!