Installed Toomey B1 exhaust now it wont turn on

Gottablast2004

Jun 17, 2024
I have a 2004 yamaha blaster , ran perfect no issues at all when i had stock exhaust and stock jet in the carb. Has V force reeds aswell (dont know if this makes a difference )

Now that i installed the exhaust system and installed the 310 jet and changed the needle position to the 3rd slot , it doesnt start unless i give the throttle some gas but dies after i let go. It doesnt idle.

It had a Chinese carburetor before but it didnt fit the 310 jet that toomey calls for so i changed it to a mikuni carb that i picked up from another blaster , replaced all jets and checked float level . Air mix screw 1.5 turns out

32:1 93 supreme gas mix with mutol 2stroke oil

Open air box lid with air filter

Checked the spark plug and replaced it 3 times but seems to be fouled after a couple kicks .

In florida it is like 90 degrees everyday

Can anyone give me some pointers or what i should check out to get this exhaust kit running on my blaster

Welcome aboard.

Sounds like you might need to bump the idle speed up a bit. Often times with jetting changes needed for mods, especially with the pilot jet, you will need to re-adjust your idle speed screw. This is the throttle slide stop screw, not the idle air mix screw. Also many times with jetting recommendations from manufacturers of mod parts, the jetting recommendations they list will be safely rich to account for difference environments a given customer may operating in.

So, I would start with turning in (clockwise) your idle speed screw and see if you can improve the idling/starting situation. Once you can start actually riding it you can then dial in the main and then pilot jet if needed.

Welcome aboard.

Sounds like you might need to bump the idle speed up a bit. Often times with jetting changes needed for mods, especially with the pilot jet, you will need to re-adjust your idle speed screw. This is the throttle slide stop screw, not the idle air mix screw. Also many times with jetting recommendations from manufacturers of mod parts, the jetting recommendations they list will be safely rich to account for difference environments a given customer may operating in.

So, I would start with turning in (clockwise) your idle speed screw and see if you can improve the idling/starting situation. Once you can start actually riding it you can then dial in the main and then pilot jet if needed.
Yes I messed with the idle screws and still nothing ,

Update **

Checked spark and noticed I wasn’t getting any spark so I switched out the coil and braAAAAAAP SHES IS ON!!!

thank you for your input I did notice the top cap idle screw gives it a better idle if I play with it

Reactions: RIDE-RED350r
Glad to hear you got it sorted. I just had to replace the ignition coil in my daughters Blaster. It would run good for a few minutes and then at random it would die as if you kit the kill switch when laying into the throttle. New coil took care of it 👍🏻