I'm going back to the yamaha "auto lube" oil injection! Why? Because it works!!!

thats correct,
next year will be 2 full decades since my first brand new 1996 blaster
I'm on the podium for most crashes :)
never bled shiz for 8+ years on that blaster, ever.
just kept it full of maxima super M inj.

IMO....the line would have to be completely dry for the pump to lose it's suction,
it should pull right thru any bubbles as long as more oil is close behind, without bleeding it.
and there's enuf oil laying in the bottom end to cover any quick hiccups, if it ever had any ?
a bubble in the oil line isn't like a blood clot in a human, once it hits our heart we're done, the oil pump will keep going :)

do i still run it.....NOPE.
the pump system was well designed for failproof ease of use by even the biggest of fools.
not it's performance adding capabilities.
(blasters came de-tuned, not tuned, the pump and it's ratio is no different)
not that it can't keep up with HP/modifications as Joe has proven.
it's still lubricating, and cooling, the same rotating masses, same # of bearings and pistons,
at possibly a few G's higher rpm's (?)
but thats Ok, it's already supplying way too much oil to begin with :)

I wonder if there would be a way to mod it to pump a 32:1 ratio? I modded a pump for my fishroom many years back to supply a constant flow to allow for evaporation in my tanks.

I could press in a sleeve and machine a smaller diameter piston. That would reduce the amount of oil injected.
Hmmmmmm....

I'm shocked you guys say it just dribbles oil into the air stream ?
(sounds like a prostate problem to me :) )

I'd have thought it should at least try to semi spray it for better travel into the engine and everything requiring lubrication.

sure would be nice if there was some sort of nozzle/jet that could be changed out for differing flow you could play with

Where do I start with the math on this one? Assuming that its 20:1 from the factory. If I was to press in a sleeve in the pump and machine a piston that is 30% (1.4) smaller in diameter that would produce roughly a 30:1 ratio, so I'm guessing a piston that is 1.5 times smaller would give me around 32:1 to 34:1 ???
Hmmmm...

No spray nozzle required. The intake air has such high velocity it whips that oil in a mist before it even hits the reed cages. Adjustable would be cool. Perhaps set it up like a fuel injection system. In other words a return line to the tank for what's not used after you dial it in with a valve. Plus make the valve where it can't shut off completely, that way there is always some oil getting to the engine.

For the same reasons YZs didn't, weight on a race bike. They didn't put the powervalves from the RZ street bike engine either. The boss for the tach and neutral safety switch are still on the engine.

Does anyone know if Phragle used injection or mix for his bike?

I rebuilt the Baja winning engine for Mike. It ran a CT cylinder with no oil injection.

I love the oil injection system on my blaster. I got my blaster primarily for winter riding on the roads in a snow emergency, and its nice being able to fill up at the gas station when Im far away from home. I have a zuma that I ride the living crap out of and the oil pump has never let me down either. I never understood why they have such a bad rap.

Just ran all day on trails on a 1990 blaster I just bought. replaced the autolube lines. These trails are not easy trails they are very rough on the machine (broke fender connectors) I also run the crap out of it red line up until 5th gear. Haven't had a problem yet. Also I have a 1979 chappy that is all stock and still runs oil injection!

I love my injection system on my blaster for the convenience of putting in str8 gas. I haven't rode in almost 10 years and the price in oil sure has changed which isn't an issue it's just having it on hand at the time when you need it. My 2002 came without the system but my 2006 has it and will continue to have it at least untill I get rid of the 6 quarts of oil that came with it which isn't anytime soon also I've gone through 4 15 dollar 16oz bottles of premix before I've gone through one 25 dollar quart of injector oil.

No spray nozzle required. The intake air has such high velocity it whips that oil in a mist before it even hits the reed cages. Adjustable would be cool. Perhaps set it up like a fuel injection system. In other words a return line to the tank for what's not used after you dial it in with a valve. Plus make the valve where it can't shut off completely, that way there is always some oil getting to the engine.
I just don't get why people come to the conclusion that it's a faulty oil pump or it failed etc... I don't have the system I premix but I did have it on other of my blasters. The guy before Me blocked it off. But anyways yamaha made the system for a reason which would be not to fail they wouldn't have put the injector system in if they thought it could possibly fail. Yamaha did a good job with the system

Wow! This old thread is still around and bubbling to the top? That's cool!
Just for the record, I'm still running the same oil injection system with ZERO (0) isssues! That's on the same "Cheap cast piston" (another thread) that I put in over 3 1/2 years ago! I think its time to disassemble the top end and inspect it.

This is a ported cylinder with a high compression re-chambered "Hemi head". Oil injection did a wonderful job keeping it alive

I might do a thread on this. I've ran "Maxima Super M injector" oil exclusively!
Hasn't missed a beat, never an issue... EVER!
I think its time to tear it down and post some photographs.

Wow! This old thread is still around and bubbling to the top? That's cool!
Just for the record, I'm still running the same oil injection system with ZERO (0) isssues! That's on the same "Cheap cast piston" (another thread) that I put in over 3 1/2 years ago! I think its time to disassemble the top end and inspect it.

This is a ported cylinder with a high compression re-chambered "Hemi head". Oil injection did a wonderful job keeping it alive

I might do a thread on this. I've ran "Maxima Super M injector" oil exclusively!
Hasn't missed a beat, never an issue... EVER!
I think its time to tear it down and post some photographs.
Awesome ! Post up I'll be sure to check it out