Im choking this Mikuni !

rich1

Jan 6, 2014
N.C./RTP
Well at least Im trying to, the choke will not stay out long enough to get it started ! Any quick fix?

I will be SO GLAD when I get this Keihin on this Blaster. Im just working out the bugs on the AVT and wont change carbs till spring so I can jet it right. Finally I got the correct set-up, jets ,needle , slide for the Keihin 28 mm from the Carpartswarehouse , great guys too !

Ok ,guys enough jokes , is there a kit to fix this ? I have swapped it with one from another carb ,same crap !

If I remember rightly it is the pressure supplied by the "O" ring that seals it and makes it stay out.

Well at least Im trying to, the choke will not stay out long enough to get it started ! Any quick fix?
All jokes aside you did ask for a quick fix, all replies were for a quick fix.

No kit that i have ever heard of or seen...

Its just the o-ring wearing out, i had the problem on my black blaster. Never fixed it

If I remember rightly it is the pressure supplied by the "O" ring that seals it and makes it stay out.

All jokes aside you did ask for a quick fix, all replies were for a quick fix.
So I did..:D... I guess I ment quick repair rather than replace the whole thing like the Dealer said today.

my 01 banshee did the same thing[same carb]I replaced the o ring,and problem solved
Thanks , Ill see if I got an o-ring to fit it in the am . The dealer said that the choke assembly was $35. Im used to working on Hondas all they ever used was Keihin.

This is one of the first problems I found on my blaster. Here's where my problem was, under the rubber boot is a groove
5oe2xw.jpg

In that groove is a metal clip
2cr3wgz.jpg

See how its got a spot worn in it, I did my best to bend a paper clip to the same shape
2vxrrpv.jpg

It doesn't work perfect because the metal is not as stiff but it does work just takes a little patience

My best guest, you are having problems because the clip is sitting on the table, not part of the carby :p

If you heat and cool the paper clip a few times, it should become stiffer.

I saw that in a video of sword making, they heat and cool them to create some of the hardest swords ever made