I want to have another raffle! Here's what i need to make it happen .. Part donations

Re: I want to have another raffle! Here's what i need to make it happen .. Part donat

Joe, i think you'd have better luck doing a raffle for just the work itself, let the winner supply you his own cylinder/piston/head. ?
this would also insure the winner is actually someone who really needed the work, not someone who already has it and wins, only to sale your good deed, free parts and hard work on ebay

just my .02

I to feel that this would be the simplest way to operate, but would not favour a person like me in an unfavourable geographical position.

It would mean me/them shipping all parts at great expense both ways, so why would I/them bother to even enter the comp.

This way would disadvantage a few people, there is of course a way round it by asking someone the source the parts in US and forward the same to Joe after paying for them, therefore only paying for local US and one International freight.

Whatever way is chosen you will still have my support.

Re: I want to have another raffle! Here's what i need to make it happen .. Part donat

I to feel that this would be the simplest way to operate, but would not favour a person like me in an unfavourable geographical position.

It would mean me/them shipping all parts at great expense both ways, so why would I/them bother to even enter the comp.

This way would disadvantage a few people, there is of course a way round it by asking someone the source the parts in US and forward the same to Joe after paying for them, therefore only paying for local US and one International freight.

Whatever way is chosen you will still have my support.

I'm in uk and I'd pay to ship my parts there and back, if u can get 450 worth of parts and it would only cost about 140 to ship then is it not worth it?
I think the offer of just getting the work done is best just my op

I was mainly thinking of a few in remote locations like myself, to ship a head alone from Us to Oz is $80.

Just imagine the whole works, both ways, unbelievable.

I would more than willing to pay shipping one way, but both ways would cost nearly as much as a new motor.:D:D:D

yea a new motor in the states will cost ya at least $90 for a forged piston and 60 for a bore and hone then the porting is easily $200 doing the math.....$350 not to discurage just adding it up since you brought it up

yea a new motor in the states will cost ya at least $90 for a forged piston and 60 for a bore and hone then the porting is easily $200 doing the math.....$350 not to discurage just adding it up since you brought it up

Have I missed something?:-/

Ahhh, guys, it is easier than you think.
Hold the raffle, have a winner. I can attest Joe is a man of his word.
International winner can order the parts off US Ebay, mailed to Joe. Often no shipping.
You get what you pay for, last time I checked there are still new Blaster cylinders available for less than $200.
Have your USA ordered parts shipped to Joe as a gift. Minimal shipping, NO customs.

Once completed, the whole package goes out as a unit, about $40 to Canada and about $60 to UK/AUS/EUR I believe (aprox).
I don't know how you want to finance that.

Neil and I are still waiting for the snow to melt for a full speed test of Joe's ported cylinder and head, but it is good folks. Very good.

Steve

i agree when they say have a raffle just for the work, it sounds like a great idea

Steve, a head only is $80 to AUS.

My bad I just went back through my correspondence and it was a quote to ship a jug, $77. from Northern Michigan.

This sounds more like a discussion than a raffle lol. Should make a new one with the new rules... Once they are sorted out