How to install thumb throttle and throttle cable?

Gilakend

Jun 7, 2015
So I bought my first quad which was a 98 blaster and it came with a twist throttle that I both don't like and that doesn't work very well. I was wondering if there was anything I should look out for or be aware of or if it is pretty straightforward in just unscrewing the twist throttle, scewing on the thumb one, screwing in the cable and just replacing the cable how I found the other in the carb.

Does anyone know of any good videos or instructionals showing how to do either of these?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

It's just how you described with unscrewing and installing the new one. Although you need the right cable as I think the twist throttle cables are longer.

stop being cheap lol:)
show us a pic of your carb.
does it have the tors brick on top?
or has it been fitted with a replacement top/and drilled idle screw?

I purchased the cable linked in the other thread, should be here soon! This is my carb.
image.jpg

as long as you got the cable and thumb throttle you are good to go:)
you will figure it out when doing it,if you run into issue just post your progress on here with pics and we will help you..
pay attention to the routing of the cable,make sure it is routed correctly,and that when you turn bars it does not increase the idle on you lol
there should be at least 2-3 adjustment on cable or throttle for you to loosen it or tighten it:)

this all does not obtain to you cuz most of it has been done but take a look.....

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/aftermarket-carburetor-cap-and-idle-screw-install.22174/

Reactions: Gilakend