How To Clean Your Carbureutor

carb leaking from overflow, running or not.....help

Left the garage for a minute and came back to find a puddle of gasoline under the bike and and it was a fairly good amount coming from the overflow on the bowl.

I also cleaned my carb, reassembled it without an issue and found the same EXACT issue, only mine didn't stop. I tapped on the float bowl, same. I get a constant flow out of the overflow tube. Help a guy out?

i just make sure i shake it a little bit b4 putting it back in meaning i hold it in the position it goes in and shake up and down u can here the float go up and down. then put it in

Hey JLsparky, that hole that is next to the inlet for the fuel line is there so when you buy a tors kit, you drill it out all the way and tap the hole out and then install the idle screw. If you look at your slide on you carb, there is a bevel that lines up with that sport where the screw rides on. Also to drain the gas, shut the petcock off and put a bucket under the bike and open the drain screw on the bottom.

First of all thanks for this how to. Though i'm a little confused. I've never used carb cleaner before... Do i just spray it on there and leave it, or wipe it off? I'm assuming it can't hurt to burn a little of that in the combustion.

They make a 2008 blaster dude I don't think u own a 2008 blaster I'm pretty sure 06 is the last model right??? Or am I mistaken

some places i believe still sale them new, just not in the US.
he's in australia, so could be ???

Great post, I have always steered clear of messin with a carb. Guess if I woulda just grabbed my sack and opened one up a long time ago I wouldnt need to read this haha. Thanks for the info

Thank you for the awesome write up with pictures. I have a question though. My carb has an oil line than runs from the pump into the right side(rear brake side) of the carb. I tried like hell to get that off but wasn't successful. It didn't seem to pull off, or out like the gas line. I didn't see a nut either. How are you supposed to normally get that off?
Thanks!