How much hp am i looking at?

I asked the same question a while back and was told that a good port job teamed with a head mod and bigger carbie (i use a paul turner mid pipe) you should double the stock power.

Ken o'connor's diy porting vids with his head mod and a stock carbie was independently dynoed at 28 hp. most good port jobs are a lot more involved than the diy one so you should be looking at more than 28 ponies if set up properly with the mods you listed.

id venture to say 20-25, your biggest gainer is going to be port and polish and the exhaust.

underestimated /\

that \/

Ken o'connor's diy porting vids with his head mod and a stock carbie was independently dynoed at 28 hp. most good port jobs are a lot more involved than the diy one so you should be looking at more than 28 ponies if set up properly with the mods you listed.

IMO...........a different pipe and easily over 30

Last edited:
I'd say low to mid 30's as well. I've always heard a good port job and head mod with the supporting systems (carb and pipe) upgraded as well is good for double the stock HP.

There is a local shop here in town (anybody ever heard of EHS Racing?) with an in-house dyno. I may take my Blaster with its KOR-ported top end in for a run sometime this spring. I'll report back.

Can't say on that one...I've never run a DMC pipe, but I think they're about equal. I've heard a DMC be compared to an FMF, so I believe the performance is similar.

I'd say low to mid 30's as well. I've always heard a good port job and head mod with the supporting systems (carb and pipe) upgraded as well is good for double the stock HP.

There is a local shop here in town (anybody ever heard of EHS Racing?) with an in-house dyno. I may take my Blaster with its KOR-ported top end in for a run sometime this spring. I'll report back.

That would be an interesting venture i think braaaptor, it would be nice to get a good set of numbers we can refer people to when this question crops up again in the future. ;)