Head lights

quad rider$100

Nov 17, 2012
Savannah,Ga.
I removed the front hood on my blaster and there were 3 wires black green and brown not hooked up and then I have another green and then a yellow wire that's connected to the headlight switch any idea Wat the other three are for?
:-/

Lol ok thanks because they installed aftermarket headlights like the ones from Wally world they look good and wrk but was curious about the other 3 not hooked up.

Yup, again Slick is on the money, oil idot light!

The brown and green together is the oil idot light.

Black is ground for the headlight, while the other green is low beam, yellow is high.

Last edited:
Ok so if the aftermarket lights r grounded to the frame that black wire will b fine not hooked up?

If you bolt directly to the frame it should be grounded well enough.

If you mount on the handlebars it is a good idea to use the wire as other grounds will use the throttle cable as an electrical route.

The steering stem does not provide a very good passage for electricity, use the wire as well.

Yup, again Slick is on the money, oil idot light!

The brown and green together is the oil idot light.

Black is ground for the headlight, while the other green is low beam, yellow is high.

that helped me lol i was looking for the wires for my lights and i found them cause of this lmao

Voltage reg not connected or faulty causing the voltage to soar allowing extra power to be drawn resulting in blown bulbs.

quad rider$100 said:
So I probably need a new regulator? And not having the brake light won't cause this?
This is from a PM.

The missing brake light has nothing to do with the problem.

Run a voltmeter over the wires, at idle it should be 5 - 8 volts AC and when you rev it it should not go much over 14 volts AC, if it does the reg is bad, or not earthed well or has a dirty connector.