going to start a build

I have the steal, so its just a matter of cutting them out. I have the subframe gussets done but not the main frame.

i did it to mine.... pretty easy... i have no idea how weak the frames are stock.... but i have a good idea i may have flattened mine at some point.... i pound the crap out of my blaster

i did it to mine.... pretty easy... i have no idea how weak the frames are stock.... but i have a good idea i may have flattened mine at some point.... i pound the crap out of my blaster

I pounded the crap out of mine when I was a teen. But with all the work I've done to this blaster, I am unsure if I will beat on it to hard.

Well, I have all the gussets cut out and fitted. All my frame mods are done. Broke the frame back down and ready to do all the welding. It sucks I have to take it to my moms house an hour away, but that is the only welding place I have available. If it weren't for that, I would not be doing this project. Taking my link set up into work and hoping the trades guys can do some "government work" for me. I need 2 bolts shortend and retapped.

Ran out of gas during my weld up. Needless to say, a few welds look like crap. So I'm done till I can get more gas. I did manage to get the foot peg welded and the master cylinder and fluid bottle welded up before I ran out of gas. Now I found out my master cylinder isn't working. It won't move fluid so I can't bleed the brakes.

Last edited:
I don't know how to get my grinder inside the frame to grind down the bad weld on a gusset. Will take some work but I will get it and finish weld it up. It's coming along, but now a bit slower than I thought.

well, some thins are coming together like I expected and some not. but I am plugging away. I am going to try one more idea on the swingarm setup before ditch it. I had it working pretty good but I didn't like how low it sat in the rear. so back to the drawing board. here are some pics. please be nice...lol

looking good gathering ideas now for my build and hoping the tax check will be good

My tax check is going to pay off past bills. Once those are gone, getting married will be much easier. Oh, and so I can also buy a house before the I do's are said.

Well, I have to pay for parts when I can. Once I'm done the frame and engine, pretty much everything else will be new. I may even just ditch my swingarm and buy a new one.