fmf powercore2

89blaster89

Aug 26, 2011
Pacific northwest, washington
ok so i have my blaster and it has a fatty pipe currently and a dg silencer with a custom made tip on it... i want to get a power core 2 but im not sure if its worth it would it give me more power and or sound better does the sound degrade as it gets older?

No power increase but it will sound different. The sound will not degrade unless the packing gets worn. If that happens you buy the $20 packing and repack it in less then 20 minutes.

there should be some power increase. the dg is almost a copy of the stocker.

No power increase but it will sound different. The sound will not degrade unless the packing gets worn. If that happens you buy the $20 packing and repack it in less then 20 minutes.

i want to get it plus some other parts but im on a 250$ budget so is it worth spending 100 bucks on or should it spend it elsewere like on vf3s? idk

He'll need a carb & a pipe after the port job.

The PC2 is a good scilencer.....except if you need a USFS approved deal. The PC2 doesn't have a spark arrestor and is not USFS approved. Fortunately for me, this is not a problem.....yet!

He'll need a carb & a pipe after the port job.

The PC2 is a good scilencer.....except if you need a USFS approved deal. The PC2 doesn't have a spark arrestor and is not USFS approved. Fortunately for me, this is not a problem.....yet!

Not necessarily so. He has a pipe (fatty). Trying to work his budget of 250. Yes bigger carb will give more power, but stock carb will work with pipe and port, maybe not crazy wazoo drag port tho (read unrideable). I have home ported , Fat Bastard pipe with stock carb, runs great.

Dual stage reeds, for crisper throttle response.

A decent (straight through) silencer, for less back pressure.

Reed spacer block between the reeds and the jug. Will give a little more oomph down low with the Fatty.

A free +4 timing advance, for even more low/mids with the Fatty

Take the lid off the air box, or modify by drilling holes, even more oomph over the whole range.

Use a uni filter directly on the throat of the carby, or on an extension tube, even more oomph.

Be wary though, every change you make in the breathing, on the exhaust or the carb side will require that you increase the size of the main jet.

Plug chops will need to be done to make sure that the jetting is correct..

Do heaps of reading on the forum, there is a multitude of great advice here.

Why though? The spark plug looks like its running rich .. What should I get? Should I just get a bigger main jet??

The powercore is the same as the stock. The gold series should be fine... I was told by a few people... Can you adjust the air fuel mix on a 1995 Yamaha blaster

The powercore is the same as the stock. The gold series should be fine... I was told by a few people... Can you adjust the air fuel mix on a 1995 Yamaha blaster

those people are idiots and have no doubt melted pistons in thier time... yes the tiny screw by the bowl of the carb is the airmix screw