f*ck school

I didnt have a clue what I wanted to do out of highschool. I tried going to community college for a degree in business management (I was a manager at our local paintball field when I graduated so I figured go with it). Went to school for like 3 weeks 2 days a week. I wasnt learning a damn thing and my instructor barely spoke english. I had a good friend/teammate that was a firefighter/paramedic and he always had really cool stories to tell. I talked to him about it for a bit and I thought it might be a feasable career. I joined a somewhat local college and enrolled in an EMT-basic class. It was absolutley amazing the amount of info I learned. After that I went through the fire academy. It was like basic training for a week. Running, pushups, more running, more pushups. After I finished the academy I looked for a job as a basic EMT and had 2 offers. I started working part time as an EMT when I started my paramedic class. I learned more in the first year and 1/2 that I was out of highschool then I did throughout all of highschool. I just passed my medic class by the skin of my teeth and now I need to get certified by the state. After that I should be able to apply to any fire department around here. Only took about 2 years worth of college and ill be working 9 days a month making 65-75k a year. Plenty of time off to work at a hospital making 20-25 bucks and hour.

Im done with my rant. Bottom line, I hated highschool as well but its something we all have to go through. Finish highschool, go to college (even if its a associates degree) and get a good job. Life will be MUCH better.

Yah, i had no idea what i wanted to do either....and my age is off...im 23...anyway...i went to college to be a forensic scientist, got the job in a city, they call me when they need me when im off of the work hours....during the normal work hours i get 20/hr.....and when they call me in off of work hours i get 45-50/hr...its not a bad job....but sometimes its a bit creepy..and nights can be haunting lol, but yah, go to school...get a good job....upgrade blaster! lol..

what happened to your age Stryder? I know a chick in PA and is interested in that kind of work. What school did you go to?

:p im not a chick, and my age...i have a habit of clicking the wrong date lol, even though i know when my bday is..i find certain numbers that distract me hahaha and i went to Champlain college. My girlfriend is interested in it, but she can't stomach it lol, so she sticks to working at the hospital as a nurse, which is a bit scary, cuz if you've ever seen her out in public..or me for that matter...(ask 01blasterfreak) im kidna scary too, but she works in a hospital though, so its more funny to see her go in and put on the white gown, and take off the black and chains and spikes :p but yah, there are alot of people in Pa right now trying to get into a forensics college (THANK GOD I WENT TO CHAMPLAIN B4 THEY TURNED IT INTO A DIGITAL FORENSICS THING ONLY..)