F-150 vs. Chysler Sebring

gears2

Jan 20, 2008
Pennsylvania
I have an F-150 and my friend has a chysler sebring and he thinks he'll spank me. i think its a 97 with the 2.5 v6. he thinks its badass casue its a v6 but they make 4's that size. the f-150 is an 89 with the 5.0 302 with hedders, 31x10.5x15 with 4.11s. were thinking of betting some serious cash. he knows absolutely nothing about cars and couldnt tell u the difference between a transmission and a differential. will i beat him? it would probably be on this 1/2 mile stretch where the road splits to 4 lanes and then back to 2 right out of town. and there both auto, i wish the truck was stick. thanks for the input

I will put my money on the car. Just because its a car with a v6 so it will rev faster and there is nothing to thase sebrings it like a pop/soda can with an engine. Now racing through a field that is a diffrent story LOL

well right now hes getting some random stuff fixed i think his lights and some random stuff so im not sure when we can. he just pisses me off cause he thinks his car is hot sh*t when he knows nothing.

A week ago we were waiting for our friend and we were idling and he asks me why his tachometer is so high and not at 0. i almost died! thats another reason why he thinks his car is amazing. casue it got a tach

yeah it will rev higher and hell get a little more horse compared to a similar sized 4 cyl but sacrifice torque.

the 4.11s should defifntiely work to my advantage casue its not that long of a strip

the only thing with the truck is u got alot more tires to get moving but i think it would be close but the thing is that type of truck wasnt meant for racing if u want a race truck get a ford lighting lol but id say it would be close depending on how well your trucks been taking care of and etc...

It really depends. Hes got the weight thing down, but you deffinetly got the power... If it was a stick, it would be yours. Try racing him in 4wd!

when ur getting ready to come out of 2nd, let off and let it shift then lay it right back to the floor and let it kick back down, you should tare that thing up, hell i out ran a mini copper from red light to red light with my 89 ranger, 2.3 and 4wd!! lol also busted a motor mount doing it!

*EDIT* sorry i didnt realize urs was an 89! it may not be good for u! lol

to be technical heres all the stock specs
1989 Ford F150
Engine Years Power Torque Notes
5.0 L V8 1987-91 185 hp (140 kW) 270 lb·ft (365 N·m) EFI

1997 chrysler sebring 2.5
Power @ rpm 164 bhp (122 kW) @ 5900
Torque @ rpm 163 lb-ft (221 N-m) @ 4350

so heres some info to give u a little info on your chances

Hes got headers though, so add like 25-50. thats like 230hp. Put that ishh in fourwheel drive when you race him man, that simple.

well i still think shed win but headers dont really add a whole lot they just make it flow a little better depening on brand and make the vehicle sound better and always need tightend up lol

Hes got headers though, so add like 25-50. thats like 230hp. Put that ishh in fourwheel drive when you race him man, that simple.

i wouldnt suggest that on black top, you'll rip ur transfer out pretty quick, not to mention the strain on the front axles, u-joints and drive shaft! i just wouldnt do that

i wouldnt say a sh*t load it usally isnt even noticable beings ive put header on about everything i own and yes it will be more throaty or it could create to much back pressure and create a pop it just depends on the application your using them on

They add a sh*tload of horse over stock. The stock are cast iron, so it saves weight, better flows, AND makes it sound deeep and throaty.

and your right, it pretty impressive what a nice set of headers will do to a stock motor ( most generally higher displacment engines though)

I've driven an F150 with a 5.0 and idk man. You put that pedal to the floor and you'll be impressed. But I got no clue on the sebring, all I can say is that its probably quick.