Engine rev help

Phil-e

Oct 10, 2010
Northern Indiana near Fort Wayne
Hey guys, hope you can help me....

just recently when i ride my blaster when i pull my clutch it starts reving crazy high.... ..... I'll put it in gear and slowly let out and have the gear pull the revs down. I'll be riding then pull the clutch and the rev goes really high again. sometimes when i goose the throttle it'll go down but not always. STUCK THROTTLE?

also another thing that has me a bit worried is sometimes i'll see a puff of smoke come from the engine possibly the head area when i do a rev up in nuetral.... any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

well it idles fine when first started...and i can usually get it down and it seems fine... it just high idles when i'm gettin the goose and flyin about.... get goin fast...pull the clutch and it soars high....

i was told to check for leaks by a few others ...

what about puffs of smoke? what should i do if i do find that my head is puffin the magic dragon?

also the guy i got it from said it was rebuilt early this year

hmmm....puffs by the head....hmmmm sounds like a gasket leak....hmmmmm wonder if these are connected....

Start with a leakdown test and that will tell you if it's the head smoking. It may be coming from the flange and you may have a sticking throttle BUT you need to start with the leakdown first . It will save you alot of headaches

will do... i would like to have it fixed before saturday so i can take it on the ride i got goin on... i'd hate to settle for the honda450 4x4...it's so damn slow... 48mph top speed.... and it's takes a lil bit to get there... what a joke...

first off if you dont have a leakdown tester get one second do the leakdown test third and im gana bet its an air leak so fix it once you find out where its coming from

will do... i would like to have it fixed before saturday so i can take it on the ride i got goin on... i'd hate to settle for the honda450 4x4...it's so damn slow... 48mph top speed.... and it's takes a lil bit to get there... what a joke...

Then do the test and have a new head gasket ready.

problem with northern indiana... nobody stocks blaster parts...all have to be ordered... so i'd be screwed anyhow if i did need a new gasket... would it be bad to let it slide until after saturday? *now i know this is probably an obvious answear and that i shouldn't.... i'm just dreading the beast known as honda 4x4*

depends, you got the time and money to wait to fix the top end, and possibly bottom end from running it with a leak......

but you need to do a leakdown first of all