Engine dieing out! New quad help please?

you found your problem. buy new reeds get some 2 stage reeds that will fit in your stock cage. your bike seems somewhat stock so i dont see the sense in spending huge amounts of money on a reed setup but thats just my opinion

you found your problem. buy new reeds get some 2 stage reeds that will fit in your stock cage. your bike seems somewhat stock so i dont see the sense in spending huge amounts of money on a reed setup but thats just my opinion

So 100% thats the problem?

And just orderd some new plugs and 260 main jet.
What upgrades should i do then?

I only have a FMF gold and powercore 2 on it so far - Was thinking v-force 3 and a oil injection block off kit.

I dont no of any more upgrades:(

100% hummmmmm NO but its a hell of a start. i dont think any of us can tell you 100% whats wrong from behind a keyboard. BUT one of your reed paddles are missing so it needs to be fixed before you proceed ;) . what jet r u running now ? you need a few jet sizes to really get it tuned in right. and you need to order a few plugs to do a plug chop to see where your jetting is at. we can get you in the ball park with jets but a plug chop is needed to make sure your jetted right.

100% hummmmmm NO but its a hell of a start. i dont think any of us can tell you 100% whats wrong from behind a keyboard. BUT one of your reed paddles are missing so it needs to be fixed before you proceed ;)

Well im pretty pleased with my self - If you try you learn
Never though i would be able to take it apart and find problems like that :)

Over these last 3 days i have learnt a very lot off this forum so thank you to every 1 :D

What upgrades do you recomend then please?

this is a great board. lots of info and good people. as for upgrades that all depends on how far and how much you wanna spend. basics are exhaust, reeds, air filter with no air box lid, changing sprockets, most of that is pretty simple bolt on stuff OR you can go radical and stoke it, bore, it deck it, it all depends how deep your pockets are. REMEMBER plug chops and jet it right or you will be spending more money on internal engine work ;) mistakes usually cost big buxs. i say fix it ride it and learn more on this forum before playing mechanic

If you want the bestreeds available to replace it insted of replaceing the whole boot buy a set of Boyesen pro series reeds their 1/3 the cost of VF3's and work fantastically even though I dont have any yet. My friends use them on their quads and they work very well for the price like $54 american shiped to your front door.

this is a great board. lots of info and good people. as for upgrades that all depends on how far and how much you wanna spend. basics are exhaust, reeds, air filter with no air box lid, changing sprockets, most of that is pretty simple bolt on stuff OR you can go radical and stoke it, bore, it deck it, it all depends how deep your pockets are. REMEMBER plug chops and jet it right or you will be spending more money on internal engine work ;)

I want to go as far as this: Fmf pipe powercore 2 - Vforce reed kit - air filter - jetted - sprockets - oil injection block off kit and and shocks after engine is done!

I currently have a overal air filter , And its not a sponge 1 is - that the stock filter?
And whats the best air filter to get?

research young grass hopper. use the search bar and you will get more info then you need. then decide from there whats within your means. post a pic of the air filter most of us use UNI filters here. you will find out that if you ask 10 people you will get 15 different answers AHAHAH ;)
I want to go as far as this: Fmf pipe powercore 2 - Vforce reed kit - air filter - jetted - sprockets - oil injection block off kit and and shocks after engine is done!

I currently have a overal air filter , And its not a sponge 1 is - that the stock filter?
And whats the best air filter to get?

research young grass hopper. use the search bar and you will get more info then you need. then decide from there whats within your means. post a pic of the air filter most of us use UNI filters here. you will find out that if you ask 10 people you will get 15 different answers AHAHAH ;)

Ok thanks ill research it now and i will have to take a photo tomorrow now as it night over in uk.
Ill get 1 on here tomorrow if it will let me upload on here :D

Thanks for all the info :)

heck yea it's more money in your pocket that you might need later

So i just looked for some and managed to find some in the uk for £38 next day delivery - In dollars around $60 but saves waiting for for delievery to uk.

How can i get the old reeds off as the screws are very tight and i carnt undo them. Also i dunt no where the snapped 1 has gone so would it of gone into the engine?

Make sure to use a tight fitting screw driver to reduce the possibility of stripping the screws.
The reed that's missing most likely got sucked into the motor. But no worries there. It would have disintegrated and not harmed anything.
Now if one of your reed screws got loose you'd be in trouble. So make sure to use lock-tight on reassembly of your reeds.

Make sure to use a tight fitting screw driver to reduce the possibility of stripping the screws.
The reed that's missing most likely got sucked into the motor. But no worries there. It would have disintegrated and not harmed anything.
Now if one of your reed screws got loose you'd be in trouble. So make sure to use lock-tight on reassembly of your reeds.

Great info to no as i would of tryed any screw driver
And was wored that about the missing reed.

Also wouldnt of used loc tite so thats rep for you! I:I

my friend had the same problem on his 1992 blaster and we disconnected a wiring harness under the hood (sorry idk what it was to) but after that it revs and runs fine. i dont have any pictures of it or i would post what it looks like. but listen to what the other guys say...they know alot more about this stuff

remember to blue ( medium ) lock tight your screws back in that hold your reeds or you take a risk of them coming lose and getting sucked into your motor. NOT A PRETTY SIGHT

Use gasket sealer on both sides of reed gasket and intake boot to reed cage. X-2 on reeds, either Boysen or Vito's 2 stage reeds. You won't benifit from Vf 2 or 3 until you get into lots more modifications. Get a Clymers repair manual or find a downloadable one. All the screws were still in the cage, right? X1000 on locktite on them!!