ds450x vs trx700xx

blasters/banshees

Jan 11, 2009
Ny
my freind said the 700xx honda will beat my ds450x in every aspect except the track. And can go over whoops better......but the ds450 is rate 1# racer of the year. He said the irs helps a sh*t load I think my quad will beat it in anything except the woods......so these are the catagores
race 1. woods gncc style
race 2. drag race
race 3. track race
race 4. street race with turns and stuff

my ds450x is stock except for a fmf powercore 4 slip on...and no airbox lid
and the trx is completly stock

700xx is a sport quad.. not a race quad.. the irs sucks imho! good for trails but i dont see it being safe for someone like me.. i talked to a guy with a outlaw 525 he said he loves the irs on ice but hates it on dirt.. feels tippy when sideways..

i have no expericance personnaly with ether machine.

i think they would be real close in everything except mx

the 700xx weighs 505lbs, its a big turd and the IRS actually isnt all that nice, in fact its pretty annoying when your trying to drift a corner, it would make a terrible racer on any terrain. it feels like a 400ex to me powerwise, its way too heavy, the suspension while nice for rock crawling, is not near as cool as you would think, the engine also stalls and hates to run at low speeds, which is pretty gay for a trail quad. the ds450x wins hands down.
direct quote from Honda "the key target group for the 700XX is utility quad owners who are looking for more sport."

I think you should be able to beat him in everything except the drag race which would be close.

But I don't know what your talking about with the DS450 being the #1 racer tho. It's more like 5th...

Last edited:
I think you should be able to beat him in everything except the drag race which would be close.

But I don't know what your talking about with the DS450 being the #1 racer tho. It's more like 5th...

no ligit im not saying cause I have it was rated 1# they only ones that are close are the yfz,ktm other wise the other ones have nothing on it

no man..he is right i believe the ratting list goes like this
1-DS450
2-KTM
3-YFZ
4-LTR
5-TRX
6-KFX

im not possitive but its close to that^^^

the DS will kick the TRX's ASS in a drag race, and any other race really.

you will whoop that 700 in a race they are big heavy turds with a crappy suspension.
if it was a raptor 700 then it would be different

The DS450x won the 2008 sport atv of the year.
The yfz450r won the 2009 sport atv of the year.

isnt the yfz450r the same from 08 to 09 that makes no sense and ivv riding the ktm and the yfz the ktm powerwise could kick the yfz's azz but the yfz does handle alittle better but the yfz pushes alittle in the turns.......and about the can am being ugly have you seen them with out the lights and all race ready looks real nice but stock its okay