Do I need a 30 mm or a 34 mm carburetor

Apr 16, 2015
looking to get a new carburetor and mine's not big enough running the stock card with a full Toomey racing pipe with air box ports, vforce 4 reeds, oil block off kit , also the motor has been ported, stage 1 bored and the Blaster 360 spark plug and high performance coil. and that's all I can think of right now. but what size carburetor should I get

I have a like new Mikuni 30mm I would sale.
Bought it for a project that ended up needing larger.
Message me if interested

why not any bigger than a 28 mm interested in that 30 awk08 was talking at the least at the, i was going to go with 32..just curious why if you got the time

I'll do the same I paid, $65 shipped anywhere in the US.
it never got used by me, so I have no clue what the jetting is, but think I remember the other member had used it on his blaster ?
there is jetting info on here somewhere for 30 miks.

just for the record, I have ran a Toomey from the spare blaster on my blaster with KOR engine and a 34mm PJ carb.......it ripped !

Sweet yeah it's just not getting enough gas at all. but yeah I'll do that for sure you say you use a 34 and it worked out great huh,

Sweet yeah it's just not getting enough gas at all. but yeah I'll do that for sure you say you use a 34 and it worked out great huh,
actually I'm going to wait on buying that I'm going to talk to a buddy and see if he wants it, I'll see if I can't get rid of it for you

Reactions: Awk08

I've tested 5 different pipes on both my stock engine and fully KOR modified engine,
stock engine with stock carb and 28mm Keihin and 34mm PJ on the KOR engine only.
the larger the carb the less bottom end and more top end, other than that they all worked well when jetted correctly.

that "it's just not getting enough gas" statement is a jetting issue, not a carb size issue.

a small carb can easily be jetted as high as needed, a too large of carb may never be jetted correctly as it loses too much air velocity to pull enough fuel up through the jets.
there's a fine line between more top end and too big of carb.
in your case with the mods you have listed.....carb size is not your problem, jetting is.
your mods will run well with a stock carb, a 28 or 30 max for a little more top end.
any bigger and you're going to have a wide open throttle only bike.
I don't recommend any bigger than 30mm for your mods

I've tested 5 different pipes on both my stock engine and fully KOR modified engine,
stock engine with stock carb and 28mm Keihin and 34mm PJ on the KOR engine only.
the larger the carb the less bottom end and more top end, other than that they all worked well when jetted correctly.

that "it's just not getting enough gas" statement is a jetting issue, not a carb size issue.

a small carb can easily be jetted as high as needed, a too large of carb may never be jetted correctly as it loses too much air velocity to pull enough fuel up through the jets.
there's a fine line between more top end and too big of carb.
in your case with the mods you have listed.....carb size is not your problem, jetting is.
your mods will run well with a stock carb, a 28 or 30 max for a little more top end.
any bigger and you're going to have a wide open throttle only bike.
I don't recommend any bigger than 30mm for your mods
can I still get that carburetor, I'll send you my email tomorrow morning but I definitely want it I have the money & thank you for taking the time to explain stuff to me and giving me the opportunity 2 purchase what I need, means a lot. thanks brother

Last edited:
can I still get that carburetor, I'll send you my email tomorrow morning but I definitely want it I have the money & thank you for taking the time to explain stuff to me and giving me the opportunity 2 purchase what I need, means a lot. thanks brother

Yes, and off to work right now, I'll message you later