DIY:ingrown toenail

You asked for it. You got it. DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A DOCTOR AND IN NO WAY A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL JUST AN AVERAGE JOE TOO CHEAP TO GO TO THE DOCTOR SO IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO THIS I AM NOT AT FAULT FOR ANY INJURY OR PERMENANT DAMAGE YOU VERY WELL MAY CAUSE SO PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
INGROWN TOE-NAIL DIY:
first go get a small set of needle nose pliers and side cuts(the smaller the better)
10-19-08_1659.jpg

Then reshape the side cuts so they are very skinny on one side. Take away as much metal as you can without removing the cutting surface and without making the blade too weak. I used a dremel, but a grinding wheel works best
10-19-08_1716.jpg

Then re-shape the tip of the needle nose pliers so they are very skinny and the tips match up perfectly
10-19-08_1717.jpg

If you Drink now would probably be a good time to have a couple.
Because now you will take your ingrown toe and rest that foot somewhere you can comfortably work on it. I suggest somewhere that has good lighting
10-19-08_1720.jpg

next shove the needle nose pliers under your toe-nail. Sound painful, thats because it is. Next twist them a bit to pull the nail up out of the ingrown area
10-19-08_1732.jpg

now that you have a small gap under your toe-nail ram the skinny side of the sidecuts back as far under your toe-nail as you can then with one quick squeeze make a cut taper the cut toward the back corner of your toe-nail
10-19-08_1731.jpg

now grab it againwith the needle nose and give it a quick yank
10-19-08_1737.jpg

you may have to make a few more cuts and pick some of the roots and small pieces out with the needle nose. but as soon as its all gone so is the pain:)
10-19-08_1759.jpg

haha..that was pretty hard to do..i cant bend my legs..lol i have leg casts on..so i had to be very flexible.lol..but it worked..