CT Racing's BB Package

dksix

Apr 16, 2012
North East Tennessee
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with CT Racing's 240cc Big Bore Package? Although it's more money than I had planned to spend, it seems like a good value. I pretty much have all the pieces coming together for all the other stuff that I wanted and now it's time to plan on the engine work. I want a professional built engine for the 04, and I want it to be a real powerful set up. This package comes with all the supporting hardware, that is matched to the work. So, I should be good to go when I get the jetting correct. I'll have to work some extra to build up the funds to cover a CT package and during that time I do plan to build my own low budget performance engine. Right now I have an extra engine that came with the 04. It will be my budget build. I'm thinking about one of the Vito's Super Stock Piston's , a DIY clean up port job, and a DYI head mod based off the information in the squish band thread. I'm watching for a good clean used exhaust and carb, those are the only 2 items needed for my budget build. That will have both my quads ride ready and then I can get to earning the money for the professional monster that I want. For now, just looking for imput on the CT Racings 240 package.

Its well worth it imo.... Never had 1 but with the updated port layout I'm sure it screams...if I'm wrong correct me 79bronco is running one..

Very good, I do believe 79Bronco had some issues with his and very very poor service from CT,something about the barral stud hole pushing through into the intake area causing air leaks.

Also be aware that they are Nikasil lined meaning you cannot just rebore and drop in an over size, you will need to send it in and have it relined for a pretty penny.

/\/\/\ naw...the ct is made by la. sleeve and pretty much identical, i believe you get 3 overbores per sleeve

it is the arisal cylinders that are nikaseal plated

Now this is a bit ambiguois as it says specifically the 200cc motor is Nikasil plated, but doesnt say so for the 240...so you may be right Awk. Are you sure?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes only the 200 is nik'd to meet rule requirements. if u bore a true 200 its going to be bigger than 200cc's even if its only a little it still breaks the rule so a nik'd cylinder is perfect

well there you go, i never knew that, thanks dudes

looks like we were both right, you for the 200cc, and I on the 240cc

i did not know the ct 200's were nik'd

btw...i edited your first post with the qoutes and links from the ct website by mistake, i still can't get used to that extra button that allows me to edit others posts, i'm so used to hitting that far left button to qoute, not edit
feel free to re-edit that with your original info.....
sorry:(

There are 2 different setups that CT is offering. On top of the page the "CT Sonic" which comes with a plated cylinder using CR250 reed cage. On down the page, below the dyno sheet for the "Sonic" is the standard offerings. No pricing is listed for the Sonic setups on the page. What I am asking about it the;
240cc Big Bore Blaster Complete Package......$929.00
Kit includes: Re-sleeving your cylinder with a big bore sleeve, CT porting, head re-chambering, modified big bore piston kit, Keihin 35mm PWK pre-jetted carburetor, air box adapter tube, throttle cable, TDR reeds, CT Sonic pipe and silencer, top-end gasket set, and installation labor. This kit is for the stock Blaster cylinder. This kit price is for you shipping us your cylinder and head.
It's more than I wanted to spend but is complete with everything and as a package, the price is hard to beat compared to buying it piece at a time. I've tried to get information from a couple of builders and still want to contact 1 more before I do anything. I've watched ebay and the classifies but I'm not seeing any good deals on the components that I would need to piece something together.

The 200 is plated , the 240 sonic is sleeved .
the 240 sonic kit comes complete with a new cylinder ,piston,head,gaskets
it uses a larger six bolt 250r reed block.

You can also get CT to install a big bore sleeve in your cylinder ,and chamber your head