Crank seal what else while its apart

Newblastowner

Mar 20, 2017
Im taking blaster to get crank seal fixed. What else would you suggest to get done while it is apart if anything. What else tends to go bad. Or are there any good aftermarket parts that can give me more power or just make it less likely to break down again. Thanks in advance.

Prepare to be bent over the table on labor and parts. Most shops charge between $65-$85/hour. It's probably a 2 hour year down/rebuild. Plus $40 parts. Be prepared for them to blow some hot air at you in terms of stuff they 'recommend'.

If you're more comfortable having a shop do it, more power to you bud.

Anyways, what's your budget?

I'm doing my crank seal right now and it's really not to hard I willl even make a tutorial for you when I get around to it.. I wouldn't spend all that's money on such a simple motor plus it's good to learn if you plan to be riding for awhile just my opinion

Im really just wanting to get it fixed right and not have to worry about it. I have money to get it fixed an my budget is just getting it done right

It started smoking real bad after I did oil block off kit and it was running good before that. When I got it i planned on doing work on it myself. So first thing I attempt its worse afterward kind of ruined my confidence. I was trying to make it right the guy I bought it from just cut the lines an plugged them. And i read on this forum it is better to buy the kit so I did and caused more damage than helped it. I think im going to leave it to a mechanic instead of wondering if im doing things right.

Plan on getting dmc pipe new filter that's really it for the motor for now. New tires and wheels bumpers handle bars widen stance after I do all that I will start doing more to motor

I hear you if you are willing to spend the money then go ahead ...I don't think you did anything wrong blocking off oil that wouldn't affect the trans seal...I think you should save your 300+$ but as you said at least Its piece of mind that it was done right, but I would consider giving it a try yourself I think I just got this oem yamaha seal for 17$ if I remember correct that's a far cry from 300+ again just my opinion

He said 300$ plus parts

You must be by a table right now. Sounds about right for a shop. Don't be surprised if he starts talking about welding the crank, new this and new that.

I hope he offers 1 hell of a warrenty. But none- the - less, it's all good. You'll have the piece of mind knowing it's all good.

Reactions: Jre720
I'm not one to dabble in another mans money.

If he's splitting cases, have him inspect the gears and forks in there. Also have him look at the clutch basket, and overall condition of it.

Will do. Thanks. This forum is awesome its helped alot. Wish I knew about it about ten years ago when I had 1st blaster.

Hey ! Stop going to that guy . You do not have to split the case to install the crank seal! He's not you friend, he needs a mask. Lol

Reactions: Jre720