Clutch Noise?

bufenboper

Aug 4, 2009
Houston, TX
Did a search and couldn't find much info. With my blaster idling in neutral it sounds like its knocking until i pull the clutch in then it goes away. I know blasters have a knocking noise to begin with but i think its weird it goes away when the clutch is pulled. Anyone ever dealt with this or have any ideas what it is? It sounds like its coming from the left side of the engine.

Last edited:
I would pull the clutch cover right away. I had a basket explode on an RZ350 and it's no fun at all. Disassemble the clutch & check for the obvious. Can you send us a cound clip or video?

Hard to tell. If you think of what is moving when the clutch is engaged in neutral. Can't be the clutch pack. possibly a primary transmission shaft bearing. How does the bike shift? You could have a bent shift fork causing some dragging dogs on one of the gears. Check the bushing on the clutch gear (big gear) and also excessive looseness of the basket to gear. When you drain the oil check for metal.

Hard to tell. If you think of what is moving when the clutch is engaged in neutral. Can't be the clutch pack. possibly a primary transmission shaft bearing. How does the bike shift? You could have a bent shift fork causing some dragging dogs on one of the gears. Check the bushing on the clutch gear (big gear) and also excessive looseness of the basket to gear. When you drain the oil check for metal.

the bike shifts good. no problems. i'll take the clutch cover off this weekend and see if anything is out of the ordinary. if not...i'm not gonna worry about it. thanks for the input.