Carb / Tors / Clutch Issues

impulse86

Aug 18, 2008
Poughkeepsie New York
Ok bought a blaster cheap it has a few problems i need help with , 1.) I Think It Needs a Carb Rebuild But Not Sure .. If i dump gas into the carb and kick it a few times it will start right up , but without gas in the carb it wont kick over , ive taken the carb apart multiple times an dont know alot but know enough that it looks clean. 2.) The TORS wont thread into the thread carb is there a clip that hold the tors spring into the carb , ( i broke the throttle cable so when i kick it over it full throttle wide open) , also the quad when its off wont move in gear even if the clutch is pulled in should i rip it apart any suggestions before i take it apart?

The reason it wont move when u push the clutch and its in gear is cuz the clutch plates stick together on blasters..Its not biggy.When you start it up the clutch will work fine when it is running so dont worry about it.And yes it sounds like you need to clean ur carb.

the problem is the tors is working correctly! the throttle is wide open, but the tors senses that you have your throttle lever closed so it thinks that you are riding down a trail and your throttle is stuck open, therefore it shuts off the flow of fuel. thats why it shuts off as soon as the fuel in you are putting in your carb is burned beacaue it isnt allowing any more fuel in. if you want to start it just hold the throttle lever open so the little button in your throttle box isnt depressed( look in there and you will see the button on the right side with little wires coming out of it). if you buy a new throttle cable your problem will be 100 percent solved but i highly recomend getting the tors elimintaion kit moose and motion pro make them and they are worth the little bit extra because you get rid of the big box on top of your carb and you wont run in to any more problems like this in the future