Carb sensor?

hoerter2158

Aug 14, 2007
I just bought a 99 blaster and the guy said the only this wrong with it is that the sensor for the carb is broken so therefor it wont idle?

Is this a true statement? Is there really a sensor?

How much would it cost to fix

The only thing I can think of that could be considered a sensor would be the TORS. Look up "how to remove your tors" in the diy (do it yourself) section of the forums. That will probably be your fix. Update us if you need more help or get the problem solved.

In the 3 picture of the tors explanation, what does the thing look like. The pictures to dark to see. I just unplugged that but didnt take the thing off in the throttle. It was idleing with the choke on, then died.

more help?

thanks

In the 3 picture of the tors explanation, what does the thing look like. The pictures to dark to see. I just unplugged that but didnt take the thing off in the throttle. It was idleing with the choke on, then died.

more help?

thanks

There is a wire and a cable going to your throttle box. The wire is the one that is circled and should be removed. It is attached to a switch inside the throttle box if you want ot take the entire thing out instead of cutting it.

On your handles bar on the throttle slide that black rubber peice back where the cable goes in there you will see a thing with a nut on it losen the nut an unscrew the bolt until you blaster idles on it's own then tighten the nut back down.

Where the cable goes into the thumb throttle remove that rubber peice an it's right there. You just have to slide that rubber peice back.

Well i tryed everything an couldn't get mine to idle even tried the screw on top the TORS an nothin worked i unscrewed that a lil an adjusted my idle, just thought i would reccomend it being it worked for me.