Can't decide, Need your opinions!!

Iconic

Apr 25, 2009
Poconos, PA
Hey guys, I joined this forum about a month ago, in hopes to gain some knowledge before I bought a blaster. I been doing a ton of research in the past month or so: pro's, con's, comparison's, the whole 9 yards. I now have just about enough $$ to start seriously looking for a quad, and I plan to go this Saturday to a few dealers. Yes, I decided that I'm definitly going buy something from a dealer, I know I'll spend more $$, but I feel safe knowing I'm gonna get something I can ride and enjoy without having to worry about problems right off the bat. I'm asking for honest, unbaised opinions (if possible) about which quad you would choose:

First:
http://rustypalmer.com/showcaseprod...ipmentFilterForm$cmbUsedSearchProductOwner=40
Second:
The Cycle Exchange... Used ATV's

I know each has their pro's and con's, I've never owned a Blaster, but have always loved everything about them, but to be honest, the fact that it is a 2 stroke kinda scares me, I don't know if I'm up for all the maintanence, that's why I'm kinda leaning towards the Warrior. I don't think either are in too bad of shape from what I can see, but I will only be able to look at one of them this weekend, because their in completely different directions, not to mention different states. Thanks again guys! Sorry for the long post.

EDIT: In the first link, it is the 3rd blaster down, the white '04 for $1,999. The second link, the Warrior's on the 3rd page, Blue 2000 Warrior for $1,999, 7th one down from the top.

there's not all that much maintanence to be done on these. dont be afraid to buy it from a private seller just know what to look for and invest in a compression tester.
you will get yourself a much better deal from a private seller.

Ehh I know I can get it much cheaper buying private, believe me I check craigslist religiously(sp?). The two are higher priced, but that's because they are from the dealer, but I just feel safer ya know. For example, when the previous owner traded it in, I know the mech's at the dealer went over the bike and serviced it. Changed tires if necessary, cleaned the carb, etc. just cleaned it up in general, ya know? I bought my last quad from the dealer in the first link, and they were pretty good to deal with. I understand what you guys are saying though, it would be much nicer to save some money and spend that on mods. Im honestly not sure what to do yet, I can say that I'm getting very anxious!

^^^^ and youll love even more the brakes!! all the headache of brakes will go away. and i understand were your coming from,like buy and ride,saves you the headache of makina djustments,repairing here and there. To me its worth the extra bucks because your getting something safe.

The disk brakes might be nice but the drums will LOCK! up the front tires if I want them to! and as for the plastic on the late ones?, I like Battle Star Galactica too but I sure as HELL! don't want my bike to look like a Cylon!!!!!!

i love the look of the newer blasters to, i think the warriors are kind of ugly, and they sound kinda pussy-ish.
All in all if i had to choose again itd definatly be the blaster, much easier to work on.
better aftermarket support....

I dunno man. I checked out your links and both got some pretty good deals on the yfz 450s. i would die to have one but if i were you i would go with the white 05 blaster for sure. If you can you may want to check out one of yfz's

^^^ Man, I'd love to have a 450, a little outta my price range in this economy though. I think the group has spoken though, and after taking you're opinions and re-assurance into consideration, it seems like the blaster will be a good quad for me. We currently have a 250 Bayou, which is a fun little quad, but I want something to go riding with my dad, nothing outta this world, just something to do a little trail riding and have fun. Thanks guys.

You can always take one that a private seller has to a good reputable mechanic or dealer to have some maintenance/inspection done. There are two problems with buying a used quad from the dealer: 1) Price 2) You will never know who had it before or how they cared for it, dealers do a lot of cleanup on them and hide flaws with tire shine if you get my point. If you look at ones from a private seller you will be able to tell instantly what kind of care has been taken of it. They likely won't be as highly detailed as the dealer bike rather more likely to be cleaned the same as the owner always has. You will also be able to judge the level of care they take in their possesions in general by the condition of other items such as their cars, home ect. I would much prefer to buy from a private seller than a stealership.