can u run on 90psi

blasterjarred

Sep 7, 2008
missiouri (booteheel)
ok i bought this polaris trailblazer250 for like 70 bucks i have pulled out about a galon of water outa the moter and i checked the compression and it was like 40psi and then i pulled the jug off and honed it and put it back on and checked the compression and its at 90psi u can see it has one low spot on the jug but its dosnt need a lota power its for my lil sister lol she dosnt need power but my question is can this thing run on 90psi i have been trying to get it running and it wont start and i have cleened the carb 2 times and it just dosnt evan try to start

Thats right on the line of if it would or wouldnt. It should at least try to start if everything else is working I would guess.

most bikes wil latleast start at 90 pounds ,a good deal wont seem too good once it drops the skirt on the piston destroying the engine soon becuase the topend reached its service life and desperatly in need of a rebuild

well im just wanting it to start before i invest some money on it cus i kno its not worth much i dono if u understand but im younger and i dont have the money to just throw in things and i have to buy all my parts and stuff my self parints dont think its needed

I had a 1991 Trail Boss 250. You may get it to start every once in a while with a LOT of effort but to make it reliable you will need to rebore, piston and rings.

90 PSI is on the low side

yea i dont think anybody would wana drive to bootheel of missiouri to get it and i think it is newer but dont kno the guy didnt kno when i bought it from him is there anyway to find out

the older trailboss didnt use a reed valve ,very slow machine ,the CVT made for anemic lowend torque