Can I put a Throttle Limiter on a TRX250EX

dksix

Apr 16, 2012
North East Tennessee
I got a 250ex for my 9 year old today, moving up from a 70cc full auto china quad. He also has a CRF50 china knock off, so I thought the semi auto 250ex would be the next step up. He's ok with the shifting but the quad it still a big move up from the auto 70cc or semi auto 50cc. I would like to buy one of the thumb throttles with the limiting screw on the thumb throttle. Does anyone know if I could get one from another quad and use it instead of having modifying the stock one from the 250ex?

Most throttle boxes will fit on 7/8" bars, I bet a blaster one would bolt right on a ex. Have to see if the ends are the same that screw into the box!

Most throttle boxes will fit on 7/8" bars, I bet a blaster one would bolt right on a ex. Have to see if the ends are the same that screw into the box!

word has it that the honda throttle boxes are an easy upgrade, for much easier throttle pull and less thumb fatigue, so i'd say yes they can be interchanged and have identical cable ends

word has it that the honda throttle boxes are an easy upgrade, for much easier throttle pull and less thumb fatigue, so i'd say yes they can be interchanged and have identical cable ends

I thought that but didn't know for sure!

I thought that but didn't know for sure!

i do not know that for sure either, but never saw a new cable mentioned in the threads i read about the honda throttles, so just assume they match up.
i'll have a definate answer over the off seasonI:I

As far as the Honda and Yamaha being compatible, one of my 200X's came with w Yamaha thumb throttle and everything else was OEM Honda. More what I'm asking is which ones will have the throttle limit screw. The Blaster I ride has a twist throttle, was on it when I bought it and I like the twister. If the Blaster has the limit screw, my 04 has has the OEM thumb but I never thought to look at it. I sort of thought the limiter was something that only came on smaller quads.

stock blaster throttle housings have a limiter screw, or at least the threaded hole for one if you buy one off of ebay or on here.